Continuous Improvement Lead
- Kilgore, TX 75662, USA
Closure Systems International, Inc. (CSI) is a global leader in plastic and aluminum closure design, manufacturing and high speed capping equipment / application systems. Approximately 90+ billion closures are produced annually in CSI's 25+ manufacturing sites, strategically located in 20+ countries throughout the globe.
CSI integrates innovative closure technology, high-performance equipment and expert technical services and training support to help customers all over the world maximize their profits. These integrated closure and capping solutions deliver a total system of unsurpassed customer value and reliability.
The Continuous Improvement Lead for CSI will identify priorities, direct and lead Kaizens and other Lean Methodologies in the North America Manufacturing System. Responsible to drive Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost and Inventory improvement initiatives. Majority of time will involve on the shop floor collaboration with manufacturing teams. Appropriate tools to be used such as 5S, Standard Work, SMED, TPM, Poke Yoke, Problem Solving, all driven by a Shop Floor Visual Management System based on Lean Daily Management. This is a hands-on role.
This position works closely with the North America Continuous Improvement Leader, Plant Managers, and other CSI Corporate team members. In addition to the Plant Hands On role, the candidate will be expected to help share and implement world and best in class practices that drive overall business results. Key performance metrics are Scrap Reduction, OEE (Overall Equipment Effectiveness) and Plant level EBITDA.
Additional Duties Include:
- Above all Else, Lead and be accountable for the Safety of all employees in all actions to improve CSI.
- Train and teach management team and operators on lean principles to create competence wide and deep that drives a culture of continuous improvement. This is a self-starter role, with minimal direction and supervision.
- Identify, Justify, Plan, Lead and Execute Lean Production System transformational improvement initiatives including improved process methods and practices, leading to improved operating performance.
- Drive continuous improvement in Problem Solving skills across the organization, using known methodologies such as 5 Why, Fish Bone, A3, etc.
- Develop and support an operating culture that promotes involvement, collaboration, communication, mutual trust & respect, passion, and accountability for excellence.
- Own and role model Operational Excellence values and behaviors to develop and transform the Company culture. Ensure that these values and behaviors are a part of everyday life at CSI.
- Implement data driven projects which reduce manufacturing costs, improve product quality, increase efficiencies and support overall plant objectives.
- Take ownership for sustained results post Kaizen or other Continuous Improvement actions in coordination and collaboration with local management and other stakeholders.
- Originate, Form and Facilitate Project Team meetings to ensure team member accountability and project deadline are met.
- Exceptional data analysis skills - you know your way around Excel, Mini-Tab, and SQL.
- 8 hour days, with occasional after hours work
- Travel is a requirement for this position and could reach a level of 75%.
- Demonstrated experience and leadership in a Behavior Based Safety Culture.
- Expertise in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and MS Project, Visio, required. SQL preferred.
- Experience in a well-known and recognized Lean Manufacturing /Toyota Production System based business.
- Demonstrated experience in transformation of teams using Lean, multiple experiences of implementation from zero point to a sustained Lean culture.
- Formal training in Lean/Six Sigma tools.
- Excellent problem solving, easily demonstrated in the shop floor manufacturing cell ability to introduce and coach team to use 5 Why, Fish Bone, A3, etc.
- Ability to quickly grasp new concepts, processes and software.
- Professional interpersonal skills (including written, verbal, presentation, and listening abilities).
- Knowledge or ability to quickly learn basics of plastic compression/injection molding machines and processes.
- Must be able to accomplish measureable results in a timely manner
- Must have strong leadership skills, with the ability to recognize and solve problems affecting production.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
- A Bachelor’s degree in engineering or comparable technical degree.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience, industrial experience.
- Knowledge in Compression and Injection Molding is a strong desired skill
- Easily demonstrated (through concrete examples) of strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Meets deadlines and develops plans with minimal direction.
- Analytical and Quantitative Skills
- Strong academic background, fast learner. Demonstrated ability to work with Senior R&D and Design team members. Desire to advance in academics
- Easily demonstrated (through concrete examples) of ability to perform in a fast paced/changing environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Closure Systems International, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.