- Kilgore, TX 75662, USA
Closure Systems International, Inc. (CSI) is a global leader in plastic and aluminum closure design, manufacturing and high speed capping equipment / application systems. Approximately 90+ billion closures are produced annually in CSI's 25+ manufacturing sites, strategically located in 20+ countries throughout the globe.
CSI integrates innovative closure technology, high-performance equipment and expert technical services and training support to help customers all over the world maximize their profits. These integrated closure and capping solutions deliver a total system of unsurpassed customer value and reliability.
KEY SUMMARY - Key position that involves constant communication and coordination between transportation, customer support, production planning, manufacturing, and production. Position must also ensure level warehouse flow for both incoming and outgoing shipments, along with performing any 5-why investigations and the implementation of suggested improvements. Logistics specialist standardizes as many procedures and processes as possible between the two plants within the Kilgore facility. Position must ensure that CSI's import/export compliance policy and requirements are strictly followed while performing all activities in the warehouse and coaching warehouse personnel to do the same. The Logistics Supervisor and Warehouse Supervisor will establish goals, standards and accountability for performance, including timely and accurate communications.
- The incumbent will attend CSI's Import/Export Compliance Training to ensure that this policy is understood and adhered to daily. He/She will be able to perform all the principle challenges, duties and processes of a Sr. Shipper and Warehouse Attendant to include loading and unloading trailers.
- Ensure compliance of all DOT regulations and CTPAT requirements.
- Ensure “Good” on all ASAT’s and schedule necessary audits.
- Coach and teach warehouse personnel, and provide communication regarding any changes or issues that arise.
- Investigate areas for improvement in both warehouse locations. Discuss ideas with Logistics Supervisor and Warehouse Supervisor for approval before making changes to work flow.
- Accountable for re-order of warehoused raw materials on pull.
- Provide assistance for containment of non-conforming materials or product.
- Assists in counting Raw Materials to maintaining daily accurate inventories.
- Ensures the scheduling (switching & releasing) of resin railcars through Union Pacific’s website. Communicates with local UP officials on movement of railcars to and from CSI.
- Accountable for the pumping of resin material from railcars to appropriate silos. Updates resin management spreadsheet after switches are made and updates traceablity tab during pumping.
- Utilizes the Railcar Unloading checksheet for pumping resin and purging of lines.
- Accountable for auditing of scrap material loaded in scrap trailers.
- Accountable for auditing of receiving raw material transactions in Oracle.
- Performs inventory of Finished Goods and Raw Materials when discrepancies arise in Oracle.
- Performs material transactions in Oracle when product is placed on HOLD from Quality, works with quality on material placed on HOLD, and informs Sam Dunn what material needs to be returned to Kilgore when product placed on HOLD.
- High school diploma or GED certification preferred; however, three to five years’ work experience in warehousing previous experience in warehousing systems, process flow management, and data entry or familiar with CSI warehousing policies and procedures.
- 3 years forklift experience
- Thorough knowledge of CSI’s Safety, Environmental and Health policies.
- Possesses excellent communication and leadership skills
- Ability to handle confrontational situations effectively
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated, self-directed and responsible for delivering results
- Effectively utilizes available computer tools
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic environment through planning, organization, and follow-through.
- Supportive of driving change in the organization to accomplish business objectives.
- Demonstrates technical background with the ability to develop skills in OPEX techniques.
- Ability to make decisions through data analysis and computer utilization.
- Ability to adapt to continuing changes in warehousing process and product requirements.
- Excellent human relations and communication skills for training others on manufacturing process, technology, and procedures
- Visual acuity and need for attention to detail.
- Understands the principle of customer satisfaction, and the capability of meeting those needs.
- Intermediate computer experience is required.
- Knowledge related to creation and dispositions of HFI’s, scrap and materials storage in the warehouse.
- Ability to manage any warehouse process; fills in for absent employees as needed.
-The incumbent helps provide a safe work place by assisting in developing, promoting and following practices which prevent injury and meet legal safety requirements.
-All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
-Travel may be required of this position, often upon short notice.
-Expected to coordinate efforts with employees working on shifts other than your own.