Compensation and Benefits Analyst
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
Closure Systems International, Inc. (CSI) is a global leader in plastic and aluminum closure design, manufacturing and high speed capping equipment / application systems. Approximately 90+ billion closures are produced annually in CSI's 25+ manufacturing sites, strategically located in 20+ countries throughout the globe.
CSI integrates innovative closure technology, high-performance equipment and expert technical services and training support to help customers all over the world maximize their profits. These integrated closure and capping solutions deliver a total system of unsurpassed customer value and reliability.
The Compensation & Benefits Analyst is a key member of the Compensation and Benefits team that helps build and align Closure Systems International’s (CSI’s) compensation and benefits programs with CSI’s overall business objectives. The ideal candidate is customer focused and will possess strong functional knowledge of HR business processes and have proven experience with the design, implementation, and administration of compensation and benefits (Health & Welfare, Qualified Defined Contribution, and Non-Qualified Deferred Compensation) programs.
Benefits Administration Responsibilities:
- Monitor vendor integrations and resolve discrepancies, process monthly invoicing, research and resolve escalated issues through 3rd party vendors, conduct periodic audits to ensure the integrity of enrollments and payroll deductions between multiple systems, respond to government agency inquiries and update enrollments as they relate to Health & Welfare, Qualified Defined Contribution, and Non-Qualified Deferred Compensation programs.
- Assist with compilation of data and documentation for compliance-related submissions such as Form 5500, Summary Plan Descriptions, Non-Discrimination testing and other required documentation.
- Assist in the benefit renewal process by interacting with our benefits consultants and insurance providers.
- Analyze current benefits, evaluate the usage, services, coverage, plan experience, competitive trends in benefits programs and provide recommendations regarding program enhancement.
- Coordinate new hire communication, enrollment for benefits, and assist with Annual Enrollment. Conduct benefit orientations and annual enrollment meetings; perform data input for new hire, qualifying events and annual enrollments as needed.
- Coordinate work with various departments including but not limited to: payroll, HR, executive team, and finance.
- Answer employee benefits questions, assist with problem resolution, provide service satisfaction to customers and strive to continuously improve service delivery.
- Calculate, verify and process benefit invoices accurately and timely. Gather benefit census and utilization data and assist in cost/utilization analysis report preparation.
- Compensation administration - assist in the areas of the incentive program administration and job evaluations.
- Participate in and conduct salary surveys including the analysis of survey data and maintenance of salary survey database.
- Collaborate on salary quotes for new hires, promotions, transfers, change and other compensation actions; Analyze internal and external pay equity issues and provide recommendations.
- Support Year-End Compensation process for bonus and merit processing.
- Recommend enhancements and changes to compensation programs to improve administrative procedures, workflow efficiencies aligning programs to achieve corporate goals.
- Prepare bonus data for various departments and coordinate with Payroll for processing.
- Review and update annual job grades and salary reviews on a global basis for USA, Mexico, Costa Rica, Japan, and China.
General HR Administration Responsibilities:
- Resource for internal HR staff and employees – respond to inquiries related to compensation and benefits matters.
- Identify opportunities to improve processes by preparing and analyzing regular management and audit reports, and ensuring the integrity of the Compensation and Benefits in the HRIS and other systems.
- Stay current on compensation and benefit best practices, relevant laws and regulations.
- Respond to associate and manager inquiries related to compensation and benefits matters.
- Gather data or create and generate ad hoc reports as needed.
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent experience).
- 3-5 years’ experience in HR with at least 2 in the compensation and benefits function.
- Experience working with highly confidential material across all levels of the organization.
- High attention to detail; ability to work autonomously.
- Experience with HRIS systems for data extraction and reporting preferred
- High level of IT literacy with strong Microsoft Excel skills essential (pivot tables, VLookUp, Macros).
- A proficiency in/experience using HR Information Systems would be an advantage.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Closure Systems International, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.