Spare Parts Coordinator
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
Closure Systems International, Inc. (CSI) is a global leader in plastic and aluminum closure design, manufacturing and high speed capping equipment / application systems. Approximately 90+ billion closures are produced annually in CSI's 25+ manufacturing sites, strategically located in 20+ countries throughout the globe.
CSI integrates innovative closure technology, high-performance equipment and expert technical services and training support to help customers all over the world maximize their profits. These integrated closure and capping solutions deliver a total system of unsurpassed customer value and reliability.
The principal challenge of this position is to process in a timely manner domestic and international customer requests for spare and replacement parts for all models of CSI capping equipment.
This position is also the primary contact within CSI on spare parts related issues. This position provides proactive and reactive technical support to CSI’s bottling plant customers. The incumbent responds to customers’ requests for fast resolution of problems with CSI products, sometimes on an emergency basis. Establishing and maintaining relationships with customers’ employees is vital to the position. The incumbent will work in a customer-focused team environment, working toward a common goal and will have the ability to work with minimal supervision. The incumbent deals with all levels of customer contact, specializing in plant production/scheduling personnel and other supporting business functions as appropriate (i.e. accounting, credit, information technology, etc.). The incumbent will assist in the managing of net profit of the CSI domestic and international customer base. As well the incumbent will be required to manage external relationships with other CSI business units as well as external vendors.
- Provides most probable 1st point of telephone contact for customer
- Enter spare parts orders in Oracle system
- Maintains, tracks and follows existing order
- Provides accountability for customer issues until resolution
- Provides seamless support to the customer
- Links customer to appropriate team member for issues unrelated to spare parts
- Establishes and maintains relationships with customer personnel; acts as the liaison between the customer, the customer support team, the CSI organization, and CSI Packaging Machinery
- Performs spare parts research for location, appropriate part identification, price determination
- Provides internal information source for customer support teams and CSI Packaging Machinery
- Provides and creates spare parts quotes for domestic and international CSI customer base
- Provides opportunities to provide additional products or services which may help the customer to meet their goals (sale leads)
- Provides interface between the CSI and the customer
- Reports any competitor activity identified
- Reports any changes or modifications to customers’ equipment configuration, closure usage, or business situation
- Identifies and communicates chronic problems
- Evaluates OFC spare parts inventory. Work with teams and/or CSI Packaging Machinery to maximize efforts.
- Recommend parts inventory levels as needed
- Major contact for spare parts existing parts issues, release of rush shipment requests, expediting parts, etc.
- “Flawless” order entry process execution for domestic and international orders
- Updates CMT database with spare parts related information
- Responsible for Customer credit checks
- Establishes and gathers financial information on new customer base accounts
- Reports any customer suggestions or comments about customer needs or product/service improvement opportunities
- Ensure that (where applicable) the supply chain is made aware of their food safety obligations as our partner in the quest to deliver a safe product to the consuming public.
- Associate degree or technical education that includes reading drawings/blueprints or 2+ years experience in role requiring skill in reading drawings/blueprints
- 2+ years’ experience in inside sales of manufactured components with capability to research bills of materials
- 2+ years’ experience with Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Strong typing skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with order entry systems, drawing viewer software and database management software
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Closure Systems International, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.