Machine Assembly Technician
- Crawfordsville, IN 47933, USA
Closure Systems International, Inc. (CSI) is a global leader in plastic and aluminum closure design, manufacturing and high speed capping equipment / application systems. Approximately 90+ billion closures are produced annually in CSI's 25+ manufacturing sites, strategically located in 20+ countries throughout the globe.
CSI integrates innovative closure technology, high-performance equipment and expert technical services and training support to help customers all over the world maximize their profits. These integrated closure and capping solutions deliver a total system of unsurpassed customer value and reliability.
The Machine Assembly Technician performs various assembly and sub-assembly work related to CSI’s equipment: molding, lining, and scoring machines, and tools. Using high precision fixtures and gauges, the incumbent performs required machine staging procedures to ensure equipment is built and setup to engineering specifications. This position performs maintenance activities to CSI’s production equipment, including installation of upgrades, and refurbishment / rebuild of used machines. The incumbent acts as technical resource for the Machinery Customer Service team, provides feedback specific to bill of materials, drawings or sketches for gauges or assembly fixtures during the assembly process.
The incumbent works within the stated principles of OPEX and supports Machinery’s efforts towards continuous improvement, including 5S. This position assists the Machine Build team members in developing standardized work and performs machine assembly work in the most efficient way possible. The incumbent complies with all CSI’s safety policies, procedures and standards.
The ability to work with minimal supervision is required. This position will interact with Machinery’s customers; timely responsiveness, follow up, and maintaining accountability is required as well.
• A high school diploma or GED certificate is required and a minimum of 3 years of related experience (machine assembly, manufacturing, maintenance, etc.). Technical school training will be considered in lieu of years of experience.
• Exposure to manufacturing, machines and related processes in a school or work environment is strongly preferred.
• Mechanical aptitude to learn the technical processes related to closure manufacturing and its related machinery.
• Ability to read / interpret engineering drawings and specifications.
• Experience using gages and fixtures to setup machines and inspect high precision parts is strongly preferred.
• Working knowledge of machine tool operations.
• Very good verbal and written communication skills, and ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions.
• Must have very good attention to detail.
• Lead by example in all areas: procedures, policies, motivation, attitude, and in our ever changing environment.
• Ability to adapt work practices, priorities, or procedures in response to changing condition or multiple work demands.
• Have a working knowledge of computer skills including MS Office Suites (Excel, Word, and e-mail).
Closure Systems International, Inc. may require satisfactory completion of certain job based assessments which candidates would be required to successfully complete in order to qualify for the position.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Closure Systems International, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.