- Salt Lake City, UT, USA
Closure Systems International, Inc. (CSI) is a global leader in plastic and aluminum closure design, manufacturing and high speed capping equipment / application systems. Approximately 90+ billion closures are produced annually in CSI's 25+ manufacturing sites, strategically located in 20+ countries throughout the globe.
CSI integrates innovative closure technology, high-performance equipment and expert technical services and training support to help customers all over the world maximize their profits. These integrated closure and capping solutions deliver a total system of unsurpassed customer value and reliability.
Duties and Responsibilities
The maintenance manager is responsible for directing the maintenance workforce and providing on-site expertise, ensure work is complete in a safe, efficient and quality manner.
Key tasks include:
- Enforce safety, food safety, environmental, and other applicable regulations
- Direct maintenance workforce and provide on-site expertise
- Ensure the work is accomplished in a safe and efficient manner
- Ensure quality of work of maintenance personnel
- Work with operations to ensure that maintenance being performed by front-line maintenance is performed to a high standard, as well as provide necessary technical training
- Verify the qualifications of hourly personnel and recommend training as needed
- Focus downward and be highly visible in the field
- Monitor the computerized maintenance management systems and ensure complete and accurate data input by hourly personnel
- Champion proactive vs. reactive maintenance to ensure proper flow of work requests to perform work on a scheduled basis rather than a reactive mode
- Develop and implement preventative and predictive maintenance programs
- Develop a weekly schedule/plan to determine job priorities. Work with operations to implement the schedule based on operational needs
- Ensure adherence and compliance with both department and plant KPIs
- Adherence to the budget and enforcing budget controls
- All work is to be completed in a highly independent manner with the highest level of quality
- Tool and Die, Injection Mold Tooling management
- Purchasing, inventory, and procurement
- Work with contractors and vendors on projects
Essential Job Functions:
- Communicate clearly in English, both verbally and written
- Wear appropriate required safety gear
- Attend work regularly and reliably
- Work flexible hours as scheduled or required for specific role
- Provide on-shift training relative to specific function
- Conformance to company performance rules such as work instructions, working standards, policies, etc.
- Conformance to behavioral rules, expectations, and company policies.
- Analyze shift or plant performance data relative to functional specialty and provide the shift leader or Manager with assessments of opportunity
- Facilitate employee adherence to requirements of your departmental specialty
- Actively supports and participates in plant quality improvement & cost reduction programs
- Demonstrate awareness of and compliance with all pertinent safety policies and procedures
- Maintain a professional, clean, and organized work environment
- Participate in work related training programs
- Close visual acuity to perform computer tasks, read & develop spreadsheets, read financial data, etc.
- Able to travel without assistance as required by specific role
- Able to participate in meetings and discussions with peer group and management team, and interact with employees in multiple locations and settings
Educational and Other Requirements:
- Minimum of a high school diplomas; bachelor’s degree is a plus
- Experience with: Electrical, Mechanical, Pneumatic, Controls and Automation, Hydraulic, Tool and Die, Injection Molding, CMMS
- Prior experience supervising maintenance employee
- Background in manufacturing and maintenance
- Must have good oral and written communication skills
Working Conditions and Environment:
- Climate controlled office facility with occasional or frequent exposure to manufacturing plant floor. Employees may work around moving parts and mobile equipment. Exposure to noise levels requiring hearing protection when in production area.
- Work Schedule: 8 hour days, with occasional longer days
- PPE: ANSI Z41 approved safety shoes, hearing and eye protection as appropriate for work area, gloves according to work task, and other PPE as assigned and required.
- Tools and Equipment: Various writing utensils, radios, phone, computer, printers, fax machines, calculators, various computer software required for specific roles.
**The above job description is a broadly based description and is not intended to contain all specifics of a particular job. This description is not a contract for employment. It does not include all aspects of the position such as potential duties assigned by the Manager with the requirement for flexibility in helping others for the company’s overall benefit.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Closure Systems International, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.