- Kilgore, TX 75662, USA
Closure Systems International, Inc. (CSI) is a global leader in plastic and aluminum closure design, manufacturing and high speed capping equipment / application systems. Approximately 90+ billion closures are produced annually in CSI's 25+ manufacturing sites, strategically located in 20+ countries throughout the globe.
CSI integrates innovative closure technology, high-performance equipment and expert technical services and training support to help customers all over the world maximize their profits. These integrated closure and capping solutions deliver a total system of unsurpassed customer value and reliability.
- Direct and support safety effort in the crew and resolve safety concerns and monitor for compliance.
- Develop and set crew expectations relative to performance of responsibilities.
- Manage department within the maintenance budget.
- Champion the precision maintenance effort in the crew. Develop and lead preventative/predictive maintenance, and the Change over/PM team. This will include working with Hydraulics, Electrical, Pneumatic, Power Transmissions, vibration analysis, balancing, alignment, oil analysis and NDT.
- Manage crew planning and scheduling effort by setting priorities for the planners and lead people.
- Communicate with maintenance and operational personnel to notify of potential problem, outage planning, long and short term planning, availability of equipment for service, etc.
- Work closely with vendors, regulatory agencies, corporate engineering and project managers to accomplish plant goals and objectives Manage computer based maintenance program (Emaint or equivalent) that tracks activities, schedules, labor, and parts building a history on equipment.
- Lead staff development in: hiring practices, orientation, training, and evaluating & guiding performance.
- Promote and actively use North and South maintenance “Daily Maintenance Board” and other appropriate tools to improve equipment reliabilities.
- Participate in capital projects as necessary.
- Ensure that (where applicable) the department is made aware of their food safety obligations as our partner in the quest to deliver a safe product to the consuming public.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s Degree or five years of maintenance experience in a high speed manufacturing facility, which includes five years of supervisory experience, required.
- Prefer experience with both compression and injection molding processes, experience with plastics technology.
- Experience working with critical tolerance measurements and delivering high-tolerance results in a fast paced manufacturing environment.
- Thorough understanding of all process and auxiliary equipment (liners, scoring, DESCO printers, laser printers, image).
- Preferred experience with successfully passing third party audits such as ISO, AIB, Milk Shippers, FDA specific customer audits. Prefer candidates with experience in Good Manufacturing Practices for the food industry and medical as well as HACCAP.
- Perferred knowledge of Operational Excellence (OPEX) techniques and/or experience with continuous improvement techniques such as, but not limited to Process Flow Design, FMEA, Poke Yoke, Standardized Work, TPM, etc. Computer experience using Windows based software, such as Word, Excel, Visio, MS Project.
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills.
- Demonstrates strong team skills, and team leadership skills.
- Training and communication skills.
- Critical Thinking and Forward Thinking.
- Strong results orientation.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Closure Systems International, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.