Field Service Representative - Electrical (Remote)
- Crawfordsville, IN 47933, USA
Closure Systems International, Inc. (CSI) is a global leader in plastic and aluminum closure design, manufacturing and high speed capping equipment / application systems. Approximately 90+ billion closures are produced annually in CSI's 25+ manufacturing sites, strategically located in 20+ countries throughout the globe.
CSI integrates innovative closure technology, high-performance equipment and expert technical services and training support to help customers all over the world maximize their profits. These integrated closure and capping solutions deliver a total system of unsurpassed customer value and reliability.
The principle challenge of this position is to provide proactive and reactive technical support to CSI's bottling plant customers. This is a mechanical and electrical technician position. The incumbent needs to poses both mechanical ability to troubleshoot and repair equipment, as well as troubleshoot and repair electrical controls. The incumbent audits the performance of CSI's products in the customer's plant, and advises how the performance and reliability of these products can be maximized. The incumbent also responds to customer's requests for fast resolution of problems with CSI products, sometimes on an emergency basis. At the customer's option, the incumbent will either troubleshoot or repair problems, direct or train customers employees to do the necessary work. Establishing and maintaining relationships with customer's employees is vital to the position. The incumbent will serve customers, working remotely, normally from their home. The ability to work with minimal supervision and a flexible schedule is critical. The incumbent will uphold and abide by CSI’s safety values. Other responsibilities include:
- Establishes and maintains relationships with customer personnel; acts as the liaison between the customer, and the CSI organization.
- Audits condition and performance of CSI closures or equipment in customer facility and makes recommendations for improvements in set-up, operation, and maintenance.
- Trains customer personnel in the set-up, training, operation, use, maintenance and quality standards of all products and/or equipment.
- Responds to and diagnoses customer problems
- At the customer's option, performs or directs the customer's personnel in the performance of set-up, repair, or preventive maintenance of equipment.
- Maintain accountability for customer issues until resolution or until another team member accepts ownership.
- Provides the customer with call reports, which identify problems found, work performed, and recommendations made through the use of CSI’s workbook and data collection.
- Identifies or assists the customer to identify spare parts to be purchased and/or stocked.
- Provides the customer with information on CSI products and services available, their performance capabilities, and selection guidelines and tradeoffs.
- To be able to problem solve application / install issues through root cause analysis using the 5 Y’s or SRED’s
- Identifies any opportunities for improvement and communicates those to the customer as well as the CST and the CSI organization.
- Provide interface between the CSI and the customer.
- Reports any opportunities to provide additional products or services which may help the customer to meet their goals (sales leads).
- Reports any competitor activity identified.
- Reports any changes or modifications to customer's equipment configuration, closure usage, or business situation.
- Identifies and communicates chronic problems.
- Reports any customer suggestions or comments about customer needs or product/service improvement opportunities
- Reviews prototypes of products and provides feedback on design, specification, or performance.
- Ensure that (where applicable) the supply chain is made aware of their food safety obligations as our partner in the quest to deliver a safe product to the consuming public.
A Technical degree is preferred
This position requires superior skills in the troubleshooting, repair, and maintenance of mechanical and electrical machinery such as would be obtained by a study in a technical/trade school or multi-craft skilled trade’s apprenticeship. A minimum of three years’ experience in machinery repair, maintenance and industrial electronics is required.
Expert knowledge of the following is required:
• Ability to work safely while troubleshooting live electrical controls up to 600 volt AC.
• Experience programming and troubleshooting Allen-Bradley PLC's and HMI's.
• Experience programming and troubleshooting AC and DC variable speed drives.
• Experience programming and troubleshooting Allen-Bradley Servo Drives and software.
• Ability to read and modify electrical schematics.
The position also requires excellent human relations and communications skills to deal with customers in stressful situations. The ability to train customer personnel is essential.
Computer literacy, documentation, electronic troubleshooting guides and reference material is necessary in addition to communication skills (written, verbal, and listening) which are vital. The self-directed work team environment will require that the individual have excellent teaming skills, have good judgment, and be capable of learning new tools and techniques, and the ability to operate in a fluid and somewhat ambiguous situation.
Closure Systems International, Inc. may require satisfactory completion of certain job based assessments which candidates would be required to successfully complete in order to qualify for the position.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Closure Systems International, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.