Tax Sr. Manager
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
Closure Systems International, Inc. (CSI) is a global leader in plastic and aluminum closure design, manufacturing and high speed capping equipment / application systems. Approximately 90+ billion closures are produced annually in CSI's 25+ manufacturing sites, strategically located in 20+ countries throughout the globe.
CSI integrates innovative closure technology, high-performance equipment and expert technical services and training support to help customers all over the world maximize their profits. These integrated closure and capping solutions deliver a total system of unsurpassed customer value and reliability.
The Tax Sr. Manager position is responsible for all aspects of income tax accounting and reporting, compliance, tax accounting, audits and transfer pricing. Position will report directly to the VP of Treasury.
• Review / Approve Domestic and International Income tax returns
• Prepare/Review tax research performed on various income tax topics
• Prepare/Review income tax provision on a quarterly and annual basis.
• Responsible for the development and implementation of tax strategies, credits and other incentives
• Participate in due diligence on M&A activities
• Set tax accounting, policies and SOX procedures
• Manage tax audit process
• Bachelors Degree in Accounting, CPA and/or Advanced Degree is desired.
• 8-10 years of experience in US income tax
• Tax experience in a Big 4 firm and within a tax department of a major company with practical hands on experience.
• Familiarity with Corptax, OneSource, Hyperion and other tax and accounting software programs a plus.
• At least three years directly managing a team of at least two people preferred
• Strong US & International tax technical skills
• Experience with complex U.S. income tax areas such as consolidated returns, IRC Section 382, SRLY concepts, income tax accounting, and M&A activities.
• Previous experience with US "Inbound" companies a plus
• Strong organizational skills and documentation skills including the ability to multi-task and prioritize
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
• Ability to research and document US tax issues
• Strong analytical skills and an overall knowledge of US federal income tax
• Ability to influence others and to work cross-functionally within the organization
• Demonstrated strong decision-making skills and leadership
• Strong management and interpersonal skills
• Promotes teamwork and is an example to others
• Envisions the future and sets the strategic vision and direction; develops strategies and scenarios and allocates resources effectively
• Effectively communicates with all stakeholders; articulates a clear point of view and listens and responds to feedback
• Acts as a champion of diversity, creating an environment that values diverse backgrounds and perspectives
Closure Systems International, Inc. may require satisfactory completion of certain job based assessments which candidates would be required to successfully complete in order to qualify for the position.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Closure Systems International, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.