Process Supervisor - No. 20 Machine
- Canton, NC 28716, USA
Evergreen Packaging creates sustainable, fiber-based packaging solutions customized to deliver product freshness and brand distinction. As a leading global vertically integrated packaging company, we deliver unique total solutions of barrier paperboard, technical expertise, equipment and service that ensure efficient operations and product freshness.
We are a reliable, financially stable supplier of quality envelope and publishing papers. And we do it all with a proven commitment to sustainability through the use of renewable energy and resources.
The primary responsibility of this position is to manage the hourly unionized workforce on shift to meet safety, environmental, production, quality, reliability and cost goals for No 20 manufacturing department. The department consists of a 230” Fourdrinier Paper Machine and associated equipment including stock preparation and winding. The machine produces basis weights that range from 30#/3000sqft Kraft Bag up to 71# Envelope. The department also produces FDA approved stick and various bag grades. This position will act as a liaison between operation’s management and the hourly workforce. The primary focus is to ensure that the quality needs of our customers are met while keeping our employees safe.
Specific Job Activities:
- Monitor manufacturing process daily
- Daily process optimization
- Enter work requests as needed
- Ensure employees are properly trained and have the tools needed to perform their jobs safely
- Ensure all employees adhere to safety policies and procedures
- Provide coaching and development to hourly employees
- Assist in resolving employee issues
- Work with other department supervisors to coordinate mill activities
- Additional duties as assigned
Special Knowledge Skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead people (Supervisory skills)
- Strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Prior work in an unionized environment is preferred
- Strong analytical skills to analyze and interpret operating data
- Ability to manage several tasks simultaneously and successfully
- Prior knowledge of manufacturing operations (Paper Mill operations experience is preferred)
- BS degree in Paper Science, Chemical or Mechanical Engineering is preferred.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience within a manufacturing environment or the military. Two years of experience in the paper industry with a technical understanding of papermaking equipment and processes is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Interpersonal skills are equally as important along with ability to teach and coach others
- Able to work well with individuals at all levels of the organization in a team setting
- Organized approach to work and ability to deal with multiple competing priorities to make appropriate decisions
- Proven safety record and knowledge of industry safety standards
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.