AP and Data Analyst
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
Closure Systems International, Inc. (CSI) is a global leader in plastic and aluminum closure design, manufacturing and high speed capping equipment / application systems. Approximately 90+ billion closures are produced annually in CSI's 25+ manufacturing sites, strategically located in 20+ countries throughout the globe.
CSI integrates innovative closure technology, high-performance equipment and expert technical services and training support to help customers all over the world maximize their profits. These integrated closure and capping solutions deliver a total system of unsurpassed customer value and reliability.
The Accounts Payable Support Analyst is a hybrid role of administrative and analysis responsibilities and will assist AP manager with all facets of Accounts Payable including, but not limited to:
- Assist AP Manager with creating AP Metrics and analysis reports
- Prepares batch check runs, wire transfers, and ACH transactions
- Proficiency in Oracle with emphasis on strong critical thinking skills
- Research transaction issues to identify root cause for why there was an issue and correct the issue accordingly
- Understand accounting debits/credits and differences between liability and expense accounts
- Process error corrections, debit memos, recurring invoices and requests for refund checks with 100% accuracy
- Process full accounts payable cycle from receipt of invoices to payment; including coding invoices, matching purchase orders, obtaining approval, and entering the invoices into the accounting system
- Assist AP Manager in tracking the NA Savings Program
- Work with locations and suppliers to assist with payables issues (payments, missing invoices, errors, etc.)
- Monitor/manage invoice processing workbench on 3rd party processor portal
- Analyze open credits and due/unpaid reports; look for opportunities to take credits or get refunds; take corrective actions related to due/unpaid
- Have a good understanding of the entire payables process and ability to assess current process and look for improvements to gain efficiencies
- Support audit requirements to maintain SOX compliance for payables
- Assist team with gathering support for all audits, including pulling documentation
- Assist in ad hoc projects as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required
- 2-4 years’ experience in an Accounts Payable role required
- Oracle Experience with Purchasing and Accounts Payable modules strongly preferred
- Analysis and decision making/reporting experience
- Excellent communication skills and writing skills
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills (exporting, formatting, formulas)
- Ability to extract data from Oracle and transform into readable form through Excel
- The ability to be productive and successful in a fast-paced work environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Closure Systems International, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.