Packer - night shift
- Crawfordsville, IN 47933, USA
Closure Systems International, Inc. (CSI) is a global leader in plastic and aluminum closure design, manufacturing and high speed capping equipment / application systems. Approximately 90+ billion closures are produced annually in CSI's 25+ manufacturing sites, strategically located in 20+ countries throughout the globe.
CSI integrates innovative closure technology, high-performance equipment and expert technical services and training support to help customers all over the world maximize their profits. These integrated closure and capping solutions deliver a total system of unsurpassed customer value and reliability.
Pack and properly labels production based on customer orders and specifications. Position requires skill set to follow standard operating procedures, working standards, label standards, and all Environmental Health & Safety and Food Safety requirements. The Primary focus on continuous packing and visual quality inspection of products assigned to meet or exceed customer packing requirements. Following primary responsibilities will help CSI deliver on eliminating scrap, reducing downtime and the completion of timely repairs to pack station when issues are observed and reported in the moment to drive uninterrupted flow of pack stations. This position will report direct to the production supervisor.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Packs and properly labels products based on customer orders and specifications.
- Minimizes waste and scrap; participates in problem solving efforts to make the area more efficient.
- Utilizes Quality Control information to monitor product quality; reports issues to Supervisor.
- Housekeeping-keeps work area clean; uses spare time constructively.
- Promotes teamwork utilizing CSI team principles - working together.
- Follow all procedures and SOP’s for the facility i.e., LTTV, GMP rules, etc.
- Be aware of hazardous materials in the area and the proper handling of hazardous materials.
- Be aware of, understand, and follow emergency procedures.
- Report all spills or other environmental incidents following EHS protocol.
- Follow all food safety guidelines while on the manufacturing floor.
- Report any deviation from food safety protocol to the functional responsible personnel.
- Ensure that (where applicable) the supply chain is made aware of their food safety obligations as our partner in the quest to deliver a safe product to the consuming public.
Work Schedule: 12 hour shifts, working 4 days on, 4 days off. Either day shift or night shift (no rotations of shifts); voluntary and/or mandatory overtime as necessary.
EDUCATIONAL AND OTHER SKILL REQUIREMENTS
Basic reading and writing skills to effect production reporting. Will receive further training to learn established quality standards and production processes. The job should be performed by someone who has experience with and is familiar with the packaging process and quality standards. With this experience and on-the-job training, the job should be performed in an acceptable manner within two to four weeks. Must have above average communication skills. Must have a high attention span. Must have decision-making abilities and follow-up techniques. Must receive passing status on all pre-employment testing.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.