Maintenance Shift Technician - night shift
- Crawfordsville, IN 47933, USA
Located just 30 minutes West of Brownsburg, IN, Closure Systems International, Inc. (CSI) is a global leader in plastic and aluminum closure design, manufacturing and high speed capping equipment / application systems. Approximately 90+ billion closures are produced annually in CSI's 25+ manufacturing sites, strategically located in 20+ countries throughout the globe.
CSI integrates innovative closure technology, high-performance equipment and expert technical services and training support to help customers all over the world maximize their profits. These integrated closure and capping solutions deliver a total system of unsurpassed customer value and reliability.
Under the direction of the Supervisor, the Maintenance Shift Technician responds to all site equipment problems. This position troubleshoots and performs basic and advanced maintenance to production equipment, complete root cause investigations for complaints, interpret statistical data, and lead the repair efforts. The technician will be responsible for compiling and analyzing data to assist in determining appropriate countermeasures, as well as assist the team members in the development of standardized work. The incumbent will work within the stated principles of OPEX and help drive maintenance towards continuous improvement efforts through TPM.
A high school diploma or GED certificate is required. Strong arithmetic and reading skills are important along with five to seven years in a maintenance related role with experience in mechanical maintenance (electrical experience and / or training desired). Formal training in Mechanical Maintenance is required. This formal training can be either a minimum two year degree from an accredited technical training institute, an apprenticeship training program, or demonstrated work in a strong mechanical role. Exposure to machines, processes, and duties in a school or work environment is necessary to demonstrate an increasing skill level and a willingness to accept responsibility.
- demonstrate responsibility regarding issues of safety and housekeeping
- mechanical aptitude to learn the technical processes of the closure production department and its related machinery, as well as troubleshoot problems and develop and perform solutions
- be flexible and willing to adjust to an unpredictable schedule, particularly break periods, overtime, and training schedules
- lead by example in all areas: procedures, policies, motivation, attitude, and in our ever changing environment
- self-motivated and have the ability to lead and inspire other; work well in a team environment
- have the ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions
- be able to read and understand engineering drawings; be able to communicate with engineers
- demonstrate good understanding of the principles of OPEX / TPM
- have a working knowledge of computer skills including NFI, Excel, Word, and e-mail
Closure Systems International, Inc. may require satisfactory completion of certain job based assessments which candidates would be required to successfully complete in order to qualify for the position.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Closure Systems International, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.