- Crawfordsville, IN 47933, USA
Closure Systems International, Inc. (CSI) is a global leader in plastic and aluminum closure design, manufacturing and high speed capping equipment / application systems. Approximately 90+ billion closures are produced annually in CSI's 25+ manufacturing sites, strategically located in 20+ countries throughout the globe.
CSI integrates innovative closure technology, high-performance equipment and expert technical services and training support to help customers all over the world maximize their profits. These integrated closure and capping solutions deliver a total system of unsurpassed customer value and reliability.
Operations Managers are responsible for all aspects of Production and the coordination of activities with other departments in a manner which results in the efficient production of quality product at a cost and schedule consistent with company policies, customer service, and plant objectives. The primary duties of an Operations Manager include:
- Understands, follows and enforces all established safety, health, quality GMP and Company policies, procedures and recognized practices.
- Understands, follows and enforces all established policies, procedures and recognized practices.
- Works with Production Supervisors and Managers on employee relation issues/recognition.
- Participates in plant staff, shift and safety meetings, and conducts regular departmental meetings and departmental training based on needs assessment.
- Determines and controls maintenance budget to ensure efficient use of funds and reduce/eliminate repetitive purchases by identifying and eliminating root causes.
- Maintains direct contact with the Engineering department on the latest improvements to plant machinery and systems to more effectively increase manufacturing performance and reduce operating costs.
- Investigates and diagnoses causes of breakdowns and develop programs and solutions to reduce/eliminate future occurrences.
- Responsible for the execution of a production schedule to satisfy customer service requirements with respect to time, cost, and quality.
- Maintains contact with the sales department so that customer requirements are effectively met and maximum utilization of plant facilities is obtained.
- Responsible for the selection, training and development of shift personnel to attain department goals.
- May be responsible for special projects related to other functional areas.
- Participates in plant operational planning meetings.
- Develops new methods and procedures to optimize manufacturing efficiency and reduce operating costs.
- Assists in taking all physical inventories in accordance with corporate procedures.
- Meets with vendors and plant visitors.
- Ensures that the necessary plant Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) are developed and that production employees have been trained to meet plant operations objectives.
- 0-25% travel may be required
A Bachelor’s Degree is preferred. A minimum of eight years’ experience in a management role in a manufacturing environment with demonstrated leadership skills strongly preferred.
Operations Managers are required to interact with other managers, employees, vendors, and customers. Therefore, the following skills and proficiencies are also essential requirements of the position:
- Ability to maintain regular, predictable, and punctual attendance.
- Computer usage and typing skills are essential.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, including the ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Communicates effectively: conveys facts and information clearly both verbally and orally.
- Collaborates well with others: proactively contributes to group objectives; volunteers to help others.
Closure Systems International, Inc. may require satisfactory completion of certain job based assessments which candidates would be required to successfully complete in order to qualify for the position.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Closure Systems International, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.