Senior IT Infrastructure Leader (Remote)
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
Closure Systems International, Inc. (CSI) is a global leader in plastic and aluminum closure design, manufacturing and high speed capping equipment / application systems. Approximately 90+ billion closures are produced annually in CSI's 25+ manufacturing sites, strategically located in 20+ countries throughout the globe.
CSI integrates innovative closure technology, high-performance equipment and expert technical services and training support to help customers all over the world maximize their profits. These integrated closure and capping solutions deliver a total system of unsurpassed customer value and reliability.
This is a key leadership position in the CSI IT organization reporting to the CIO. CSI is in the process of being acquired by a new owner and must create and migrate to its own stand-alone IT infrastructure environment. The successful candidate will have direct responsibility for outsourcing arrangements to establish CSI’s infrastructure environment, migration from the old environment to the new environment, and will manage the ongoing operations and service delivery of infrastructure service providers.
The position requires strong and broad infrastructure knowledge combined with proven such as: leadership, collaboration, interpersonal, business acumen, complex problem solving and budget/cost management.
CSI operates 6 plants in the US, Mexico and Costa Rica, along with multiple business offices, engineering offices and warehouses. The position will manage the CSI IT infrastructure environment that includes the following key functions:
- Data Center Operations
- Data and Network Security
- Infrastructure Site Support
- Collaboration (Email, Sharepoint, Skype, etc.)
- Client Management
- Help Desk Operations
- VOIP Phone Systems
- Mobile Device Support
- Technical Architecture
- Hardware Standards
- Hardware Provision/Fulfillment/Installations
- Legal Holds
- Vendor Management
- Software Licensing & Compliance
DESCRIPTION OF KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Help design plan to migrate infrastructure from Rank Group to CSI
- Lead infrastructure migration to selected 3rd party provider(s)
- Manage ongoing infrastructure operations of 3rd party provider(s)
- Collaborate with application team to plan and execute application migrations
- Manage telecommunication provider(s)
- Manage data security of the CSI computing environment
- Establish infrastructure technology standards that cost effectively meet business needs while also simplifying the infrastructure environment
- Manage hardware vendors
- Maintain effective IT General Controls in CSI’s infrastructure environment
- Lead the development of infrastructure and service strategy for CSI
- Deliver technical architecture services as needed
- Plan and execute efforts to maintain CSI’s hardware environment through planned obsolescence
- Ensure that the CSI Infrastructure organization delivers effective incident management, problem management, project management and change management
- Collaborate with the applications team, procurement, 3rd parties, functional departments and suppliers as needed to deliver cost effective infrastructure solutions for CSI
- Provide architectural oversight and management of the CSI Infrastructure Environment, ensuring leveraged and scalable solutions
- Create and execute infrastructure roadmaps outlining the technology strategy and the investments in system infrastructures and tools that will enable the company’s strategic plans across all business areas
- Manages the development, design/architecture, installation, analysis, and on-going improvement of the information technology infrastructure
- Act as hands-on resource to define technical requirements and implement solutions
- Provide project management oversight and guidance to teams, whether project is internally staffed or managed via SOW or third party, and ensure projects are delivered to scope, timeline and budget
- Lead the exploration of new capabilities / emerging technologies
- Design and maintain Disaster Recovery infrastructure capabilities and documentation, ensuring systems and applications are adequately protected
- Develop standards and operational procedures that support current and future operational needs
- Exploring and delivering appropriate new infrastructure capabilities required to enable digital manufacturing initiatives
- BA/BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field
- Master’s Degree desirable
- 15+ years of related professional IT experience managing enterprise infrastructure/technical leadership
- Comparable IT leadership experience in a similar sized organization
- Planning budgets, managing to budgets and forecasting results against budgets
- Managing 3rd party Infrastructure Service providers
- Enterprise Service Bus, Web Services and API architecture
- SD WAN, Wi-Fi, Virtualization, Multiple OS including Windows, Linux and open source solutions
- High availability architecture and clustering
- Experience with public, private and hybrid cloud solutions, preferably with AWS, Azure, Google
- Experience with M&A activity and related IT integrations and carve outs
- Maintaining an audit compliant environment
- Experience with ISO270001, NIST and related cyber frameworks including implementation of security and monitoring tools
- Managing cybersecurity (cyber certifications a plus)
- Managing environments that must support 24x7x365 business operations
- Platform support for big data analytics (Hadoop, Cassandra, IOT solutions, etc.), implementation of which is a plus
- Establishing, negotiating and monitoring SLA’s with vendors
- Exceptional customer service, relationship building and communication skills
- Demonstrated, strong understanding of IT architecture/engineering, system sustainability, system development lifecycle and structured analytical/diagnostic skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate and influence at all levels within the organization
- Self-directed with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple accountabilities and multiple internal customers
- Strong analytical skills as well as organizational skills with high attention to detail
- Ability to effectively communicate technical information in all forms and in clear non-technical terms when necessary
- Ability to identify, analyze and resolve problems logically and systematically
- Results Driven - Ability to focus on organizational growth, financial performance and achieving results.
- Critical Decision Maker – Clear, critical thinker that engages in thoughtful, data-driven decisions and has the ability to summarize and draw appropriate conclusions from complex data.
- Customer Focused – Understands customers’ needs and places the highest priority on delighting customers.
- Teamwork & Collaboration – Builds rapport and collaborates effectively across the organization and fosters an environment of open and transparent communication.
- Integrity & Trust – Demonstrates honest, respectful and trustworthy behaviors when engaging with stakeholders and achieves stated work obligations.
- Compelling Communication – Effective written and verbal communicator that clearly and succinctly conveys information across all levels.
- Leadership Courage – Exudes confidence and is a driven, assertive and decisive individual that manages conflict towards mutual solutions but also maintains composure during difficult situations and channels emotions effectively.
- Strategic Orientation – Ability to balance short-term goals with long-term organizational and functional strategic priorities.
- Innovative Thinking – A forward thinker who offers new, creative and often unconventional thoughts, opinions and methods for solution generation and problem solving.
- People Leadership – Ability to develop employees through coaching and feedback and holds team members accountable through modeling appropriate behavior.
Closure Systems International, Inc. may require satisfactory completion of certain job based assessments which candidates would be required to successfully complete in order to qualify for the position.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Closure Systems International, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.