- Lancaster, PA, USA
At Graham Packaging, our people drive packaging innovation for some of the most influential consumer brands in the world. To work with big brands, you need to be on the cutting edge, constantly reinventing the future and always willing to change.
Since our beginnings, this dynamic environment has forged a culture where you don't need to wonder where your next opportunity will come from -- the opportunities are all around you. All you have to do is take them.
With a global footprint of 100+ facilities across 16 countries and a committed team 7,000 strong, Graham Packaging offers you the ability to learn, the ability to grow and the ability to make your mark in a company that rewards doers, innovators and collaborators.
Join Graham Packaging today!
Key Tasks and Primary Responsibilities:
Corporate General Counsel will be responsible for drafting, reviewing/revising, negotiating and advising on commercial contracts (such as bottle supply agreements, real property leases, purchasing agreements, and confidentiality agreements) as directed by Deputy General Counsel. Act as primary legal contact for procurement function of the company.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining expertise in global data privacy requirements and food packaging safety regulations
- Train business unit and sales personnel on commercial business cases, key contract provisions and matters, dispute resolution, data privacy requirements and food packaging safety regulations
- Assist Deputy General Counsel to create and maintain contract templates, alternative contract provisions, contract review & approval process, and customer and claim disputes process
- Assist General Counsel on corporate legal matters such as restructures, M&A and treasury matters
- Assist General Counsel on intellectual property matters, including management of patent portfolio
- Provide legal advice and counsel business including all commercial business units on all commercial matters
- Supervise contract paralegal on contracts, negotiations and disputes as directed by Deputy General Counsel
- Assist Deputy General Counsel oversee contract management system and supervise system administrator
- Assist Deputy General Counsel oversee document retention system and litigation hold process and supervise system administrator
- Assist Deputy General Counsel with litigation and insurance matters, including reporting on both
- Manage outside counsel for assigned matters and where legal services are outsourced (such as local international counsel and overflow contract work)
- Handle other assignments as directed by Deputy General Counsel or General Counsel
- Generalist with experience in contract law. Demonstrated management and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills. Must be self-starter adept at handling and managing multiple priorities and high volume projects. Multinational company experience strongly preferred. Proficient PC skills (knowledge of Microsoft Office required)
Professional Qualifications and Experience:
- JD from accredited law school
- Approximately 5 years’ experience required (in-house experience preferred)
- Admitted to practice in Pennsylvania and in good standing (or the ability to become admitted)
- Able to manage and liaison effectively with outside counsel on various commercial matters and litigation.
- General Data Privacy Regulation experience (preferred)
- Intellectual property experience (preferred)
- Occasional travel may be required
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Graham Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
NOTICE TO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES:
Graham Packaging is not accepting unsolicited resumes from agencies and/or search firms for any job postings on this site. Resumes submitted to any Graham Packaging employee by a third party agency and/or search firm without a valid written and signed search agreement, will become the sole property of Graham Packaging. No fee will be paid if a candidate is hired for a position as a result of an unsolicited agency or search firm referral.