Operator (GPC) Hourly
- Hammond, LA, USA
At Graham Packaging, our people drive packaging innovation for some of the most influential consumer brands in the world. To work with big brands, you need to be on the cutting edge, constantly reinventing the future and always willing to change.
Since our beginnings, this dynamic environment has forged a culture where you don't need to wonder where your next opportunity will come from -- the opportunities are all around you. All you have to do is take them.
With a global footprint of 100+ facilities across 16 countries and a committed team 7,000 strong, Graham Packaging offers you the ability to learn, the ability to grow and the ability to make your mark in a company that rewards doers, innovators and collaborators.
Join Graham Packaging today!
Build a meaningful career with a company committed to a cleaner world and a better tomorrow.
Graham Packaging is a leading manufacturer of sustainable packaging. We work with some of the biggest brands in the world to provide them with safe, attractive and convenient packaging that meets the demands of today’s consumer.
Our company offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefits program. But that’s just the beginning of our story. There are many reasons to launch a career with Graham packaging, here are just a few:
1. We offer training and development opportunities so you can advance in your career with Graham
2. We have an excellent safety program, with one of the best safety records in the industry
3. Our employees are proud to share that we treat our workforce like family
4. We believe in open, transparent communications, starting with senior leadership
5. Our company is committed to bringing meaningful change to the sustainability of our products and operations. In 2019 we were honored with the Sustainability Leadership Award from the Business Intelligence Group, and we recently pledged to make all of our products 100% recyclable, compostable or reusable by 2025.
At Graham, we are focused on the possibilities for a better product, a happier customer and a cleaner world. We recognize that when we work together, we can achieve great things. We treat each other with respect, and are united in a shared passion to make sustainable products that make life easier for the consumers who use them.
Come join us in our quest to create a better tomorrow.
raham Packaging Company is looking for an Operator based in Hammond, LA. This opening is for NIGHT SHIFT.
The Operator is responsible for operating a given number of plastic blow molding machines (including in-line equipment), and makes necessary adjustments or minor repairs to ensure production of containers is made in a safe, efficient and high quality manner. The primary duties of an Operator include:
- Understands, follows and enforces all established safety, health, quality GMP and Company policies, procedures and recognized practices.
- Understands, follows and enforces all established policies, procedures and recognized practices.
- Participate in continuous quality improvement projects and other related activities as assigned
- Operate a group of plastic blow molding machines and auxiliary equipment producing a container in a safe and high quality method.
- Participate in continuous quality improvement projects and other related activities as assigned.
- Perform and/or assists in mold, insert and color changes on the line.
- Perform basic processing of injection and/or blow molding machines to improve machine efficiency and reduce scrap.
- Perform tasks and responsibilities of any Utility position during slow periods and/or as needed.
- Monitor HDPE/PET resin (if applicable), dryer, material handling and color systems for appropriate processing conditions.
- Make frequent on time quality checks on products being produced from established quality standards.
- Assist other Operators and maintenance personnel on mechanical repairs.
- Perform assigned preventative maintenance work.
- Maintain work area to acceptable safety and housekeeping standards.
- Complete and file all required documentation in an orderly and timely manner.
- Communicate with the Production Shift Supervisor to coordinate production line support staff in accomplishing the lines’ objectives.
- Verify material usage per standards
- Perform minor troubleshooting and programming on the line. Notify leads and supervisors of any major problems or questions.
- Operate equipment to minimize the generation and maximize the consumption of regrind, purge and scrap within customer specifications where applicable.
- Properly identify regrind and chunk produced.
- Communicate processing information to designated personnel on incoming shift. Assist other Operators as needed.
- Assist in the training of new Operators.
- Limited travel may be required
A minimum of 2 years in manufacturing required.
Operators are required to interact with managers, employees, vendors, and customers. Therefore, the following skills and proficiencies are also essential requirements of the position:
- Ability to maintain regular, predictable, and punctual attendance.
- Computer usage and typing skills are essential.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, including the ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Communicates effectively: conveys facts and information clearly both verbally and orally.
- Collaborates well with others: proactively contributes to group objectives; volunteers to help others.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Graham Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
NOTICE TO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES:
Graham Packaging is not accepting unsolicited resumes from agencies and/or search firms for any job postings on this site. Resumes submitted to any Graham Packaging employee by a third party agency and/or search firm without a valid written and signed search agreement, will become the sole property of Graham Packaging. No fee will be paid if a candidate is hired for a position as a result of an unsolicited agency or search firm referral.