- West Hazleton, PA, USA
At Graham Packaging, our people drive packaging innovation for some of the most influential consumer brands in the world. To work with big brands, you need to be on the cutting edge, constantly reinventing the future and always willing to change.
Since our beginnings, this dynamic environment has forged a culture where you don't need to wonder where your next opportunity will come from -- the opportunities are all around you. All you have to do is take them.
With a global footprint of 100+ facilities across 16 countries and a committed team 7,000 strong, Graham Packaging offers you the ability to learn, the ability to grow and the ability to make your mark in a company that rewards doers, innovators and collaborators.
Join Graham Packaging today!
Graham Packaging Company is looking for a Production Specialist/Moen Operator based in West Hazleton, PA. This opening is for Night Shift 12 hours, which operates during the hours of 6:30 PM to 7:00 AM. The shifts are 3 day-36 hours (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday), 4 day-48 hours (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday).
Responsible for inspecting and packing plastic containers; assembling corrugated containers via machine; removing packed corrugated containers from conveyor belt and stacking on the end of the line. Must perform visual inspections of plastic containers for defects and proper spout placement. The primary duties of a Production Specialist/Moen Operator include:
- Understands, follows and enforces all established safety, health, quality GMP and Company policies, procedures and recognized practices.
- Understands, follows and enforces all established policies, procedures and recognized practices.
- Participate in continuous quality improvement projects and other related activities as assigned.
- Monitor flow of product on conveyor (unjam machines, orient spouts, monitor trimmer, label inspection equipment (INEX and lead detector) as bottles go through various phases of production.
- Assist in cleaning trimmer jams, restart trimmer and feed untrimmed bottles back in to system as necessary.
- Assemble corrugated packing containers.
- Stack off boxes as they come down the conveyor to the end of the line.
- Prepare the filled containers for removal by the clamp truck driver.
- Palletize packed boxes of product that are tied with string and tagged in preparation for transport.
- Visually inspect products for defects to ensure product quality.
- Hand-pack bottles in to boxes (where necessary) and manually assemble boxes.
- Load plastic bottle spouts into hopper, which are then automatically dispensed to the spout inserter machine. Identify spout types.
- Perform manual inspection and rework on questionable product.
- Perform daily preventative maintenance as required (i.e. cleaning, greasing, inspection of wheel and downstream equipment).
- Load corrugated boxes and dividers into box making machine. Understand daily schedule posting.
- Operate and monitor automated box making machine, adding glue when needed.
- General clean up involving sweeping, delivering scrap plastic bottles to grinder and keeping the floor free from clutter.
- Follow all safety regulations and requirements.
- Identify and correct jams.
- Operate and monitor grinder operation. Identify paper/plastic labels for line grinding.
- Assist in the training of permanent and temporary workforce in stacking, packing quality, and case machines.
- Keep work area and other facilities clean, orderly and safe.
- Complete written documentation as required.
- May perform basic stretch wrapper functions.
- Limited travel may be required
- Other duties as assigned.
A minimum of 2 years in manufacturing required. Forklift experience preferred.
Required to interact with other managers, employees, vendors, and customers. Therefore, the following skills and proficiencies are also essential requirements of the position:
- Ability to maintain regular, predictable, and punctual attendance.
- Computer usage and typing skills are essential.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, including the ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Communicates effectively: conveys facts and information clearly both verbally and orally.
- Collaborates well with others: proactively contributes to group objectives; volunteers to help others.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Graham Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
NOTICE TO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES:
Graham Packaging is not accepting unsolicited resumes from agencies and/or search firms for any job postings on this site. Resumes submitted to any Graham Packaging employee by a third party agency and/or search firm without a valid written and signed search agreement, will become the sole property of Graham Packaging. No fee will be paid if a candidate is hired for a position as a result of an unsolicited agency or search firm referral.