- West Hazleton, PA, USA
At Graham Packaging, our people drive packaging innovation for some of the most influential consumer brands in the world. To work with big brands, you need to be on the cutting edge, constantly reinventing the future and always willing to change.
Since our beginnings, this dynamic environment has forged a culture where you don't need to wonder where your next opportunity will come from -- the opportunities are all around you. All you have to do is take them.
With a global footprint of 100+ facilities across 16 countries and a committed team 7,000 strong, Graham Packaging offers you the ability to learn, the ability to grow and the ability to make your mark in a company that rewards doers, innovators and collaborators.
Join Graham Packaging today!
Graham Packaging Company is looking for a Maintenance Tech for our SMED (Changeover) team based in West Hazleton, PA. This opening is for Day Shift 8 hours, which operates during the hours of 6:30AM to 3:00PM, Monday through Friday. We reserve the right to make all shift assignments based on company needs. All employees will be required to take a mechanical test and interview.
The primary function of this position is to effectively changeover, maintain, repair and troubleshoot very complex blow mold equipment and other high speed manufacturing equipment including conveyor systems, palletizing and strapping equipment compressors, chillers and installing electrical and wiring systems.
Specific Duties may include performing the duties as electrical and mechanical specialist in the facility but are not limited to:
- Effectively perform changeovers and process a quality bottle within required timelines.
- Repair and maintain machinery and mechanical equipment such as Graham Wheels, conveyors systems, hydraulic equipment, pneumatic equipment, compressors, chillers, cooling towers, etc.
- Perform repairs on electrical or electronic instruments.
- Perform preventative maintenance on all production equipment.
- Perform electrical troubleshooting.
- Troubleshoot, program and repair robotic equipment.
- Conduct periodic tests or checks of all electrical or electronic instruments.
- Identify and report potential equipment and building problems. Understands, follows and enforces all established safety, health, quality GMP and Company policies, procedures and recognized practices.
- Understands, follows and enforces all established policies, procedures and recognized practices.
- Assist and train production employees in proper operation and maintenance of machinery.
- Limited travel may be required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Our facility is highly automated and the ideal candidate needs to possess:
- Proficient troubleshooting skills in hydraulics, pneumatics, electrical and complex mechanical equipment with the capability to diagnose using visual and auditory senses, test components and technical publications.
- A minimum of 5+ years experience in industrial maintenance in a manufacturing environment, plastics background a plus.
- Associates degree from a two-year college or technical school preferred and/or combination of education and/or apprenticeship.
- Ability to use shop equipment and tools (lathe, drill press, mill, cut-off saw, arbor press, hydraulic press, wrenches, chisels, grinders, drills, etc.) as well as analog and digital equipment, voltmeters, ohmmeters and other hand tools.
- Ability to read maintenance manuals, schematics, drawings, parts manuals, catalogs and other maintenance literature.
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently.
- Skill in oral/interpersonal communications.
- Project management skills with the ability to see a project through to completion.
- Ability to meet threshold requirements on validated assessment instrument.
Maintenance Technicians are required to interact with managers, employees, vendors, and customers. Therefore, the following skills and proficiencies are also essential requirements of the position:
- Ability to maintain regular, predictable, and punctual attendance.
- Computer usage and typing skills are essential.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, including the ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Communicates effectively: conveys facts and information clearly both verbally and orally.
- Collaborates well with others: proactively contributes to group objectives; volunteers to help others.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Graham Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
NOTICE TO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES:
Graham Packaging is not accepting unsolicited resumes from agencies and/or search firms for any job postings on this site. Resumes submitted to any Graham Packaging employee by a third party agency and/or search firm without a valid written and signed search agreement, will become the sole property of Graham Packaging. No fee will be paid if a candidate is hired for a position as a result of an unsolicited agency or search firm referral.