- York, PA, USA
At Graham Packaging, our people drive packaging innovation for some of the most influential consumer brands in the world. To work with big brands, you need to be on the cutting edge, constantly reinventing the future and always willing to change.
Since our beginnings, this dynamic environment has forged a culture where you don't need to wonder where your next opportunity will come from -- the opportunities are all around you. All you have to do is take them.
With a global footprint of 100+ facilities across 16 countries and a committed team 7,000 strong, Graham Packaging offers you the ability to learn, the ability to grow and the ability to make your mark in a company that rewards doers, innovators and collaborators.
Join Graham Packaging today!
Maintenance Managers are responsible for the overall plant maintenance and coordination of activities with other departments in a manner which results in the production of quality product at a cost and schedule consistent with company policies, customer service and plant objectives. The primary duties of a Maintenance Manager include:
- Understands, follows and enforces all established safety, health, quality GMP and Company policies, procedures and recognized practices.
- Understands, follows and enforces all established policies, procedures and recognized practices.
- Participates in plant staff, shift and safety meetings, and conducts regular departmental meetings and departmental training based on needs assessment.
- Participates in plant operational planning meetings.
- Develop new methods and procedures to optimize manufacturing efficiency and reduce operating costs.
- Maintains direct contact with the Engineering department on the latest improvements to plant machinery and systems to more effectively increase manufacturing performance and reduce operating costs.
- Investigates and diagnoses causes of breakdowns and develop programs and solutions to reduce/eliminate future occurrences.
- Determines and controls maintenance budget to ensure efficient use of funds and reduce/eliminate repetitive purchases by identifying and eliminating root causes.
- Responsible for the selection, training and development of shift personnel to attain department goals.
- Meets with vendors and plant visitors.
- May be responsible for special projects related to other functional areas.
- 0-25% travel may be required.
A Bachelor’s Degree and/or related maintenance experience; or equivalent combination of education and related maintenance experience is required. A minimum of five years’ experience in a maintenance supervisory or management role in a manufacturing environment with demonstrated leadership skills strongly preferred.
Maintenance Managers are required to interact with other managers, employees, vendors, and customers. Therefore, the following skills and proficiencies are also essential requirements of the position:
- Ability to maintain regular, predictable, and punctual attendance.
- Computer usage and typing skills are essential.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, including the ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Communicates effectively: conveys facts and information clearly both verbally and orally.
- Collaborates well with others: proactively contributes to group objectives; volunteers to help others.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Graham Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
NOTICE TO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES:
Graham Packaging is not accepting unsolicited resumes from agencies and/or search firms for any job postings on this site. Resumes submitted to any Graham Packaging employee by a third party agency and/or search firm without a valid written and signed search agreement, will become the sole property of Graham Packaging. No fee will be paid if a candidate is hired for a position as a result of an unsolicited agency or search firm referral.