Organization Effectiveness Leader
- Memphis, TN, USA
Evergreen Packaging (www.evergreenpackaging.com) is a privately held, international packaging company with over $1.7 billion in revenue. The business operates as an independent entity, a portfolio company of The Rank Group. With 3,800 employees, and multiple wholly owned and joint-venture manufacturing facilities, global brands and consumers around the world trust our products. Evergreen has 13 locations in North America, operations in El Salvador, China, South Korea, and Taiwan, and joint ventures in the Middle East and North Africa. Our products include refrigerated gable top packaging, as well as paper and paperboard that ultimately take the shape of cups, food trays, envelopes, specialty packaging, magazines, and much more. Sustainability is at the heart of what we do. Our fiber-based products are designed to meet customer and consumer needs.
The Leader of Organizational Development and change is responsible for leading and supporting the “people gear box” enterprise wide. This role is a critical component in developing the organization’s culture and harnessing the skills of our employees more efficient. This role will work in systematic ways, using data and other sources of information to illuminate talent needs. They will partner with the appropriate stakeholders to develop plans and changes to enhance efficiencies and productivity. This includes, but is not limited to: (1) building a robust workforce planning model to educate and illuminate talent needs of the organization, identifying gaps, assisting in the development of plans to build organization strength and retain talent; (2) building and executing communication platforms strengthening the employee experience by developing brand equity and executing strong change management processes for the organization; and (3) partnering on other related talent programs such as developing training and certification programs for the hourly workforce; identifying and building college recruitment networks and internship programs, evaluating and executing alternate shift schedules, and developing and improving facility onboarding processes.
The position is a member of the Operations leadership team, reporting to the VP of Operations, but will coordinate with an Executive Steering Committee consisting of the CEO, CFO, VP Human Resources, and VP Operations (to whom the role reports). This position will partner closely with operations and human resources leaders to develop strategies, processes and programs that build a high-performance work culture, drive continuous improvement and sustained business results. The position is considered a key transformational change agent for creating an energized and empowered workforce while also laying the groundwork for employee career advancement and continued growth.
The Manager Organization Development will lead a team of two to three members responsible for Communication and Change Management Frameworks, Workforce Planning and People Data Analytics, Organization Development, and execution of talent related projects aligning with the business needs. The ideal candidate will have experience with readiness assessments, best practices and approaches to developing and implementing programs and learning opportunities, creating and illuminating needs with a data-driven approach. Previous experience with standardizing and documenting content for work processes, developing and executing change, and specialized hourly training and rotational programs. The position will provide feedback on Organization Development initiatives progress to the core leadership team. The leader will be evaluated for the successful implementation and realization of sustainable results, including program delivery and measurable progress against employee engagement, advancement, retention, quality and productivity.
Design, build and deliver robust, data-rich analyses and recommendations to executive leaders and other key stakeholders regarding talent landscape within the organization.
Develop organizational design recommendations.
Partner with key stakeholders to develop, lead and execute organizational change management strategies and plans.
Drive profitable change through end user adoption of common business practices and processes.
Design and develop communication tools and strategies and plans to build brand equity (both internal and external), provide connectivity, drive awareness and understanding of organizational priorities and changes, build employee confidence in direction and decisions, and promote changes in behaviors where needed.
Partner with the Director Sustainability to harness and leverage key initiatives building brand equity for internal and external stakeholders.
Contribute to develop and enhance the operations platform through workshops, team meetings, and other communication channels.
Work with manufacturing leaders to perform needs assessment and gap analysis for skills and competencies of the existing talent within the organization. Assist in the identification of areas we need to grow and develop talent, develop a plan to close gaps, and work with leaders to execute the appropriate plans.
Lead the design, creation and implementation of training, development and college recruitment/internship programs for the manufacturing facilities.
Execute on key operational projects within the people gear box that deliver improved employee experience and drive results for the organization.
Collaborate and partner with human resources on all talent platforms.
Work with manufacturing leaders, employees and consultants to evaluate current shift schedules and deliver alternate efficient schedules that increase our competitive advantage for attracting and retaining talent.
Partner with operational leaders to develop and execute a Pay for Skills/Certification program for hourly workforce.
Develop relevant metrics and dashboards to analyze and evaluate effectiveness of programs.
Develop and execute annual budget.
The successful candidate will:
- Have 5+ years of experience in designing and implementing organizational development programs in a manufacturing environment.
- Have experience with pay for skills/certification programs and the design of workplace processes and systems to track and monitor activity and performance.
- Be experienced with organizational needs assessment and development tools.
- Demonstrate an aptitude for analyzing data for identifying trends, issues and opportunities for workplace performance and translating these into employee needs for development and learning. Effectively create a burning platform and ignite action through strong communication delivery.
- Be effective in managing through influence. Possess an ability to identify and manage a cross-functional group of geographically distributed leaders across multiple sites.
- Possess an ability to accurately assess and deliver key business metrics, scorecards, and situations from to executive leaders and general managers.
- Demonstrate a consultative approach and experience with key stakeholders on successful delivery of change management and communication frameworks.
- Possess strong communicating and influencing skills and the ability to work successfully with all levels of the organization.
- Possess excellent training, facilitation, problem-solving, time and project management skills.
- Be highly self-motivated, passionate and create enthusiasm in others.
- Be a logical and creative thinker, with demonstrated ability to function effectively in fast-paced environment, including a strong results orientation – has a track record for delivering results, takes ownership and is accountable.
- Possess excellent verbal, writing and presentation skills.
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office products, especially Excel
- Be willing to travel extensively (up to 70% of time as needed)
- Academic undergraduate degree in technical area such as Engineering, Paper Packaging or similar is required.
- Master’s degree
- Manufacturing operational experience is required
PERSONAL SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- A passionate person who is inspired by the opportunity to transform workplace culture and create growth and income opportunities for the workforce.
- A systems-thinker, able to see work processes holistically but also break down work into its constituent components
- A self-motivated leader, comfortable working across functions, levels and geographies.
- Must possess the right balance of strategic and tactical acumen. A strategist who can design the framework but also be willing to hammer out details so that the implementation and execution has highest probability of success.
- Recognizes the value of time management, an organized and efficient project manager; knows how to organize people and activities and stay on task; Ability to address numerous projects at the same time; ability to stay focused, filter out the noise and stay positive while delivering on objectives.
- Accustomed to working in a resource lean operating environment with an “ownership” model; willing to roll up sleeves and get things done.
- Understands that results count; bias towards action; sense of urgency; driven to achieve; a track record of delivering on objectives
- An individual with excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with all kinds of people at all levels, inside and outside of the organization. Ability to adapt approach to the situation. Ability to work through conflicts, gain trust, establish credibility and persuasively influence outcomes.
- Is cool under pressure; does not become defensive or irritated when challenged; is considered mature; is not knocked off balance by the unexpected; doesn’t show frustration when resisted or blocked.
- A good listener who encourages a diversity of opinion; demonstrates respect for all individuals; someone who can be trusted and depended on for assistance; committed to advancing the principles of the Company’s culture.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.