Field Service Technician
- Cleveland, OH, USA
Evergreen Packaging is a fiber based packaging solutions company that is one of the largest global packaging companies in the world. Our expertise comes from a long history of satisfying our customers’ needs through innovations in papermaking, barrier technologies, and filling equipment. Consistently delivering highest quality paperboard, envelope paper, and publishing papers is both an art and a science. We pour “fresh thinking” into what we do every day in creating value for our customers and our employees.
CANDIDATES CAN LIVE IN OHIO or Western Pennsylvania (must live within hour of airport)
Field Service Technician provides technical service and support for customers who own and operate
Evergreen filling machines. The technician is trained and knowledgeable to install, inspect, troubleshoot and service this equipment. The technician also trains the customer’s personnel on proper operating and maintenance techniques to ensure good packing outputs.
• Conducts/controls service activities as assigned to ensure timely customer support and safety are achieved while meeting the budgeted goals and objectives for productivity and utilization.
• Communicates well with central scheduling, management, other departments and customers.
• Functions as the equipment service technician within the departmental advising EPE service management and/or engineering of any problems or situations with models of current or modified design.
• Provides learning experiences for both customer and EPE plant personnel on machine operation.
• Learns and grows skill sets and competencies to achieve both business and personal development objectives.
• Meets corporate business and team objectives for antitrust compliance, business information protection, EEO, safety, quality, ethical behavior and learning.
• Performs the job safely within an environment which the technician does not control.
• Maintains high performance of the paper packaging equipment to defend against the competition.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have 1-3 years of mechanical, electrical, or pneumatic experience.
- Strong mechanical skills and knowledge.Ability to read electrical schematics, use meter & troubleshoot electrical circuits.
- Good working knowledge of pneumatics (valves, air cylinders etc.).
- Must be good communicator (including written and verbal English).
- Self-driven to work alone and also in teams, when needed.
- Ability to spend extended periods (average of 2 weeks) of time away from home, when needed.
- Possess valid driver’s license.
- Working knowledge of PLC system operation and troubleshooting.
- Ability to travel internationally.
- Experience in packaging equipment or equivalent in dairy/juice industry.
- Work with PC Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.