Technical Documentation Specialist
- Cedar Rapids, IA, USA
Evergreen Packaging is a fiber based packaging solutions company that is one of the largest global packaging companies in the world. Our expertise comes from a long history of satisfying our customers’ needs through innovations in papermaking, barrier technologies, and filling equipment. Consistently delivering highest quality paperboard, envelope paper, and publishing papers is both an art and a science. We pour “fresh thinking” into what we do every day in creating value for our customers and our employees.
Support Engineering with documentation updates, data entry, purchase requisitions, engineering drawing updates, construction and maintenance of spreadsheets and databases, and sold order machine documentation, including bills-of-materials, parts manuals, instruction manuals, and machine drawing packets. Good skills in both internal and external communications. This position entails several different processes and procedures, which may involve others outside the department. Person must be flexible and able to work effectively with others, ask questions, and be willing to assist when the need arises.
Key customers include Engineering, Service and the Technical Support Team, Production Control, Purchasing, Manufacturing, and machine end-users.
Key Accountabilities: State in a series of 4-6 bulleted statements the required key outcomes or "whats" and the key actions "hows" taken for each "what." List the accountabilities in order of importance, top to bottom.
- Sold order parts and instruction manuals - coordinate complete drawing packet with manuals for each machine shipment
- Part and Instruction Manual Maintenance – Coordinate and process updates to part manual pages and instruction manual sections as product models are updated.
- Publication Change Orders – Process updates to part manual pages and instruction manual sections.
- Engineering Change Orders - process sold orders, nonconformities, and other changes requested by Engineering groups.
- Nonconformance Reports - maintain and distribute report showing open nonconformities to engineering personnel, perform daily maintenance of nonconformance databases.
The technology supported by this role continues to advance. To meet the requirements of this position, new subjects must be learned and implemented effectively with minimal support and in a timely manner.
This role interacts with many different types of people at different levels, both internal and external to the organization. To meet the requirements of this position, these interactions must be professional and effective. Full accountability is placed on the owner of this role to ensure their information is clearly communicated and understood by all.
This role is accountable for assignments of varying priority to multiple stakeholders in a dynamic environment. To meet the requirements of this position, the individual is accountable for maintaining a work schedule that clearly identifies the priority, workload, and expected completion for assignments as a way of keeping all stakeholders informed. The individual must be able to evaluate new requests and integrate them into their current work schedule along with existing priorities. The individual must be able to produce the results outlined on their work schedule to meet the full requirements of the stakeholder.
This position is expected to complete all phases of the assigned accountabilities to successful conclusion within appropriate scope, time, and cost for standard engineering projects. This position is expected to complete the assigned accountabilities with minimal support from the Controls Manager and peers in the controls team. Assignments to product lines will typically be newer and mid market level models with occasional sale order specials and product extension assignments. A solid technical knowledgebase for design and programming is established within this individual, to where they are able to handle most assignments and a standard level of technology with minimal support. This individual should be able to provide a reasonable amount of support and training to lower level staff on most subjects, and be able to coordinate a portion of their work through others. This individual should also be capable of identifying and producing moderate level standards, engineering tools, and process improvement initiatives with some direction from the Controls Manager.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 5+ years related experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools; Excel, Access, Word
- Strong data analysis skills including the use of spreadsheets and databases to analyze data and provide recommended solutions to problems
- Demonstrated ability to handle a wide variety of priorities in a rapid-paced environment
- Knowledge of ECO process including understanding of configured bills of materials
- Ability to effectively manage time in an ever-changing, sometime high-pressure work environment
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and oral, one-on-one and in large or small groups
- High degree of computer literacy and ability to expand computer knowledge
- Advanced organizational skills
- Highly organized, thorough, and detail oriented in completing of tasks
- Experience in complex capital equipment manufacturing.
- ISO 9001 and Engineering Change Order (ECO) experience.
- Hands on experience with AGILE software or PLM software.
- Hands on experience with Adobe Framemaker and Adobe PRO.
- Hands on experience with 2D/3D CAD software, preferably AutoCAD and SolidWorks.
- Hands on experience with SAP ERP system.
- Action Oriented
- Organizing and Priority Setting
- Analytical and Problem Solving
- Drive for Results
- Time Management
- Customer Focus
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Functional Technical skills
- Learning on the fly
The work is very dynamic, non-repetitive, and unpredictable. Must be willing to travel (sometimes on short notice or over weekends) and be comfortable working with service and customers. Must be able to work effectively and comfortably with all levels of the organization. Must be willing to occasionally work long hours to ensure on-time project completion, including evenings and weekends.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer - D/F/M/V