Quality Assurance Technician
- Plant City, FL, USA
Evergreen Packaging is a fiber based packaging solutions company that is one of the largest global packaging companies in the world. Our expertise comes from a long history of satisfying our customers’ needs through innovations in papermaking, barrier technologies, and filling equipment. Consistently delivering highest quality paperboard, envelope paper, and publishing papers is both an art and a science. We pour “fresh thinking” into what we do every day in creating value for our customers and our employees.
- Performing/ recording STM method QC checks and verifying systems
- Checks include all applicable printing side STM-300 series tests pertaining to converting and STM-500spec.
- Checks include all applicable sealing side STM-100 series tests pertaining to sealing and STM-500skive.
A. Database Entry Requirements
- One full check per shift targeted for within first two hours of shift
- All issues and notes should be documented on QA Printing Checklist QA-PLC-FRM-0030.
- Pass down should be verbally down from written notes.
- All issues should be communicated with appropriate samples and data such as roll numbers etc.
- Previous shifts sheets and data are available for access.
- Complicated issues, (such as those involving a decision process with operating system), should be passed verbally to QA Team Leader or designate by voicemail; issues with Roll Stock to QA coordinator.
- Complete all ACT IIIs on all presses as determined by QA –PLC-SOP-0016.
- Full QC checks listed and check they have been done on press inspection sheet.
- Docket verification.
- Fold and Dip checks on all presses consistent with STM-302QC.
- COF on all presses plus one gloss reading per running press per week.
- Further checks as necessary.
- Assist team members with Roll Stock issues and check behind presses for dropped rolls during and at end of shift.
- ACT III at board changes on your die pair and check docket for carton format. Make sure crew does fold and dip.
- At size changes do a full set on ACT III. Ensure a full set of fold and dips and docket check is done by you or crew.
- Check machines that are not running on initial inspection as they come up.
- Gather information and hold non-conforming product as needed
- Record necessary information on holds status and issues recorded on sheets and/or in log book as appropriate.
- Pass all necessary information down at Pass down.
- Check behind presses prior to end of shift for dropped rolls and issues at end of shift for pass down
- After writing down on QC Sheet, pass down should be verbally completed from notes.
B. Sealing Expectations
- Full QC checks consistent with STM-100 series for sealing sheet within first three hours of shift on all running sealers and fold and dips and case checks and check dockets. Pull all samples from case check case except opening force
- All issues and notes should be documented on QA Sealing Checklist QA-PLC-FRM-0031, including but not limited to seal quality, hem thickness and carton width/ bias.
- Ten cartons read for carton width/bias readings should be entered in database – this should include initial readings and final readings after corrections are made.
- Check for board issues and other problems and note on QA sealer check sheet.
- At start of shift on first check, check 25 consecutive cartons all over for random damage such as belt issues
- Check for pallets in BB Aisle and behind sealers that do not conform to Hold Procedures and pallet tag requirements prior to the end of shift.
- Do second inspection in second half of shift including rechecking all sealers for table checks, hot water, pinholes, bias dry tear, mandrel and case check as well.
- Record necessary information QA Sealing Checklist QA-PLC-FRM-0031 and “pass down” appropriately as laid out for printing side.
C. Database/Data Entry Expectations
- An Access Database is in existence for QC checks including, but not limited to, bias, hem thickness, score height average, COF, and opening force.
- Every time a QC check is performed, it is necessary to fill out all required fields on the Access Form in the QA Database if a form for that QC check exists.
D. General Expectations
- Work effectively with Team members using effective interaction skills
- Should exhibit good communication skills
- Ability to assess upset conditions and make sound business decisions within framework of verifying products are to customer specifications throughout the production process and prior to shipping.
This job is considered Safety Sensitive under Policies and Procedures for Evergreen Packaging, and its affiliates, including substance abuse testing in compliance with federal and state laws.
- Standing up to 5 hours per 8 hour shift
- Turning while carrying 25lbs at waist height 6 to 15 times per shift
- Two hours per shift doing computer entry
- Lifting up to 48lbs load from 6” above floor level to waist from 5 to 10 times per shift.
- Lifting an Evergreen HG 48 lbs case from top of pallet (which is 5 feet from the floor) down to table height for samples -infrequent
- Tearing carton tests – involves flexion of wrists
- The team member is required to be able to perform the above tasks, with or without reasonable accommodation.
Evergreen Packaging may require satisfactory completion of certain job based assessments which candidates would be required to successfully complete in order to qualify for the position.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.