General Accounting Analyst
- Pine Bluff, AR, USA
Evergreen Packaging is a fiber based packaging solutions company that is one of the largest global packaging companies in the world. Our expertise comes from a long history of satisfying our customers’ needs through innovations in papermaking, barrier technologies, and filling equipment. Consistently delivering highest quality paperboard, envelope paper, and publishing papers is both an art and a science. We pour “fresh thinking” into what we do every day in creating value for our customers and our employees.
The General Accounting Analyst will provide analytical support for all general accounting functions including balance sheet analysis and reconciliations, payroll, fixed assets, wood accounting, construction in progress and internal controls/risk assessments.
- General Ledger – monthly ledger activities including journal entries, accruals and analysis
- Balance Sheet – maintain a thorough understanding of balance sheet accounts through monthly account reconciliations, coordination of monthly balance sheet reviews and, when necessary, account analysis
- Fixed Assets/Construction in Progress – maintain the mill’s fixed asset system including monitoring construction in progress, adding/retiring fixed assets, posting depreciation entries and coordinating the annual fixed asset physical inventories
- Tax - responsible for the preparation the mill’s monthly tax remittances for sales & use and severance taxes; responsible to attend annual S&U tax training to ensure accurate assessments and understand changes applicable to Evergreen
- Wood Accounting – understand wood accounting, perform monthly reconciliations
- Internal Controls - maintain the mill and EPI’s internal control policies and procedures, including self-reviews to test compliance with corrective actions, as necessary
- Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting or Finance, or a business related field with sufficient concentration in accounting
- Two plus years of accounting experience in a manufacturing organization
- Working knowledge of internal controls
- Experience with ERP accounting systems, preferably SAP
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, including intermediate or advanced Excel skills (i.e. pivot tables, filters, charts, etc.)
- Ability to effectively communicate within cross-functional teams throughout the organization
- Strong organizational and time management skills to drive tasks to completion
- CPA or CPA eligible
- Master’s degree
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.