Manager - Technical Service
- Cedar Rapids, IA, USA
Evergreen Packaging is a fiber based packaging solutions company that is one of the largest global packaging companies in the world. Our expertise comes from a long history of satisfying our customers’ needs through innovations in papermaking, barrier technologies, and filling equipment. Consistently delivering highest quality paperboard, envelope paper, and publishing papers is both an art and a science. We pour “fresh thinking” into what we do every day in creating value for our customers and our employees.
As a member of the Lead Team in Cedar Rapids, this position is responsible for the management, direction and leadership of all management positions and operations responsible for Field Service Operations and the Technical Support Team. The key customers are the end users of the packaging equipment/machinery, which also includes Evergreen Packaging, LLC distributors globally. Products delivered, and charged for, include expert field service and customer training (performed in-house and/or at customers’ facilities).
- Manage and maintain a professional technical service team located throughout North America, which includes Field Service Technicians, Service Managers and the Administrative staff.
- Ensure teams have necessary training and resources to deliver quality service on all Evergreen equipment. Manage the team provide OEM standards across all training and service opportunities, while meeting all safety and financial goals.
- Interface with North American Packaging and International Packaging operations of the Evergreen Packaging, LLC business.
- Direct service activity to ensure acceptable and timely customer support services through effective utilization of human and financial resources.
- Direct the training operations to ensure technical instructors provide accurate and complete training materials. This includes working to ensure Evergreen equipment is available to meet the training needs of our customers.
- Manage a technical support team to handle technical calls and provide necessary technical support for our customers.
- Travel both domestically and internationally in order to manage and conduct business for Evergreen Packaging Equipment up to 50% of the time.
- A 4-year degree is required with preference given to technical areas: electrical, mechanical or pulp & paper engineering.
- Experience managing a diverse group of employees including international employees. An understanding of the cultural differences between various countries is necessary for this position.
- An ability to think strategically, including creating strategies to balance short-term requirements with long- range business plans.
- Industry specific knowledge of packaging material, packaging filling machinery, our customers’ manufacturing operations, our customer’s channel strategies, and buying behaviors of purchasers and ultimate consumers of our customers’ products.
- General knowledge of how to manage and administer a field service operation including the ability to manage to a budget and exceed financial expectations.
- A strong technical background with practical knowledge of packaging equipment and operations is necessary to interface with the customer, the technical service staff and engineering staff.
- Demonstrated skills of leadership and teamwork with other associates and with interactions with customers in all geographical parts of the world. This manager will also have demonstrated competencies to communicate at all levels.
- The role must also be able to interface effectively with other key management and technical positions throughout EPI and be an effective negotiator when dealing with conflict management.
- The ability to lead others, provide leadership, and be a role model for other associates with whom the position interfaces.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.