Head of Product (Platform)
- Insurgentes Sur, Ciudad de México, CDMX, Mexico
- Department: GBM Tecnología, Diseño y Productos Digitales
We are a wealth & asset management and private banking organization with 35 years of experience, innovative digital investment, and saving products. Our mission is to enable meaningful lives through smart finance solutions.
At GBM Digital & Technology we have experienced exponential growth with our products and team members, while caring and enabling our people in an entrepreneurial workplace.
GBM is looking for a Head of Product (Platform) to lead the product efforts for the API-driven financial services platform (PaaS) that support internal and external applications, focusing on features, business value, and customers. The main responsibilities of the Head of Product (Platform) include develop the API Platform functionalities as a commercial product, work with internal and external stakeholders to establish and prioritize roadmap, propose and implement revenue models to maximize monetization potential, work with Heads of Software Engineering to translate customer requirements into API functionality, oversee entire set of API solutions to ensure a cohesive and complete offering to customers, and collaborate with internal areas such as risk and compliance to follow industry guidelines and regulations.
In a typical week, the Head of Product (Platform) will oversee the entire Platform product and work closely with C-level Executives, Project Managers, Business Analysts, and Technical Leaders from multiple teams (around 5) to ensure the proper execution and delivery of new features and components. In addition, will establish a close relationship with clients to understand their needs and translate requirements into product value.
This position is based in Mexico City, reports directly to the CTO, and is a key element to our mission of building the best financial services software platform in Mexico.
· You’ve been working around software products as project manager and/or product manager/owner for 8+ years.
· You understand how APIs work and how they facilitate other companies to conduct business and transact between systems.
· You are experienced working in an agile team that practice SCRUM.
· You have experience measuring and monitoring software products to understand pain points and use data to drive decision and roadmap.
· You have worked with clients and can easily identify requirements and translate them into technical tasks within your organization.
· You possess a high level of communication skills and can write and present effectively. In addition, you can explain business and technical requirements to a broad audience.
· You are a team player that understand that the result of team effort is ultimately higher than individual effort.
· You can motivate others around you to deliver value and execute effectively.
Nice to Have
· You have experience with financial transactional systems such as payment gateways, consumer banking, investment banking, ledgers, or crypto currency.
· You are familiar with PaaS and SaaS solutions and understand the impact of building new features and functionality that affects all customers.
· You have some development experience and can read and understand technical documentation and API definition such as Swagger.
· You understand the financial industry and its main concepts.