Jr Pipeline TD
FuseFX is an award-winning Visual Effects Studio with a reputation for delivering excellence and collaborating with the most notable studios, productions, and filmmakers worldwide. Established in 2006, headquartered in Los Angeles, CA, and includes locations in New York City, NY, Vancouver, BC, and Atlanta, GA.
At its heart, FuseFX is defined by its people. We encourage all our employees to act as partners, foster trust and approach people with compassion, kindness, and empathy. Our fusion of storytellers, artists, technologists, and world-builders comes together to push absolutely stunning images to the screen. Come join the team.
FuseFX Los Angeles is looking for a talented and enthusiastic Jr. Pipeline TD!
As the Jr Pipeline TD you will be supporting the studio’s 2D Pipeline Engineering team through engineering and scripting, which will assist the Compositing, Editorial and Matte Painting departments. You will be working with the Department TDs and creative team to ensure shots can be delivered to the very highest standard.
- Maintain and support custom tools/templates/scripts, both creative and pipeline, for the 2d team (Compositing, Matte Painting) under the direction of the Head of Pipeline.
- Work in conjunction with Pipeline and 2D team to effectively problem solve, acting as a first line of support for all workflow & productivity issues within the 2d team.
- Identify issues to prioritize for Pipeline response & support where appropriate.
- Work with the Pipeline team and the 2D team to identify areas of innovation and automation.
- Develop new tools to support individual shot production and general workflow.
Traits of a Successful Jr TD:
- Proven technical experience in VFX feature films / television series
- Mid-level Nuke skills
- Junior to Mid-level experience with scripting and Nuke
- Experience developing Nuke gizmos/tools
- Knowledge of developing Nuke plugins with the NDK is a plus
- Knowledge of Nuke Studio is considered an asset
- Experience with Git is an asset
- Expert-level understanding of techniques and technologies relating to compositing, matte painting and editorial such as: OpenColorIO, Projections & Nuke 3d system, 2d digital image processing and EDL/XML editorial workflows.
- Solid understanding of a VFX pipeline from shooting to modeling to texturing, animation, lighting and rendering, compositing, technical editorial, and DI
- Experience with Python, C++, PySide/PyQt/Qt a plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Nothing in this job description restricts the Company’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. The Company prohibits discrimination in employment against otherwise qualified applicants because of a physical or mental disability and will make reasonable accommodations to enable qualified persons with known disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job consistent with applicable law. The Company will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.