- Sir Lowry Rd, Foreshore, Cape Town, South Africa
Why we exist
We believe we have been given the grace to support, partner and co-build innovative last-mile solutions with visionary entrepreneurs who are passionate about solving the developmental challenges of underserved communities in emerging markets.
Who we are
We are an alternative impact investment company. We seek & nurture ideas from Pre-seed stage companies focused on solving global last-mile problems using inclusive tech-enabled business models.
As our Financial Analyst, you will be providing excellent hands-on support for our portfolio companies. These will be your primary obligations
- Designing and implementing financial controls in our portfolio companies
- Tracking and monitoring the financial performance ratios of our portfolio companies
- Analysing business performance and market conditions to create forecasts and predictive scenarios
- Assist in the Monthly/Quarterly Revenue Reporting close and planning process
- Provide weekly financial reports to assist the Venture Partner teams in making tactical and strategic decisions
- Design and manage financial models for our portfolio companies
- Prepare valuation reports for our portfolio companies
- The successful candidate is detail-oriented, curious, proactive and asks questions - both of management and of themselves – and seeks to understand the context of their role in the wider organization.
- The successful applicant will be ambitious, career-focused with a keen desire to learn and absorb increasing responsibilities.
- Have effective oral/written communication skills and presentation skills
- Power-user in MS Excel, Google Sheets and presentation tools
- Studying or desire to study CIMA, ACCA certification preferred
- Undergraduate Degree; Accounting/Finance degree preferred but not required
You care about underserved communities and are driven internally by a mission to improve their welfare
You have a personal "why" that connects you to what we believe in at Funema
You have a first degree or entrepreneurial experience with the aptitude and willingness to learn quickly
You can effectively work in an independent, structured and results-oriented manner
You are comfortable working remotely and are quick in learning how to use new software and cloud-based technologies
You are open to learning new skills and take on other roles within the organisation
We are a Vector Organisation.
If you want to join us, you should learn the three principles below that define the fabric of our teamwork.
We ensure our team member's personal vision aligns with our collective vision. This enables exponential passion and effortless motivation
Using OKRs, we create transparency on where we are going as a company and how everyone plays a role in getting us there
We drive precision in our execution with an agile management and feedback system to align daily activities with company goals and culture