Community Manager (Full or Part time)
Fundamentally Games is reimagining publishing for LiveOps games. We focus on helping game developers with bringing their games to live and managing the live operations to scale their game. Our engagement-led strategy aims to scale games faster by getting more players, doing more things, more often and for longer.
We’re a small but growing team, and we value work-life balance, so we have flexible working policies in place, subject to a few conditions and the requirements of projects you may be working on of course! Firstly, we all work from home (or from a local hot desk) and meet up in person a few times a year – usually in London. We have flexible working hours to support our team to be able to do their job around their personal commitments. For example, if you have kids, you can work between the hours your children are in school, or if you’re full time you can do more hours a day and only work 4 days a week, depending on your job role. We also let you work on personal projects and actively encourage you to take part in game jams or other industry events.
This is a junior role where at least some experience of game community management or streaming is required, either within a games industry or associated role, or as part of your own activities. You are passionate about game communities and community-driven games in general. As we all work from home, you need to be great at communication and self-disciplined.
Your role will be to grow and manage communities. You will be have an opportunity to contribute to strategy and will deliver against that strategy. As we're a small team, there will be opportunity to get involved in other areas of marketing depending on your skillset and interests, from streamer activity, to asset creation, website/store management or ads.
You will be working from home, but you must be able to come to London or other UK locations a few times a year, and depending on how far away you live, you may need to be available to stay overnight. You may be required to travel to games events nationally and internationally to represent our games.
This role is intended as an opportunity for someone who is seeking to enter the games industry, or has already started their career in the industry. As the role is a junior one and includes training, it will support training in the specific role as well as support for personal development and will enable the candidate to expand their skills in their areas of interest.
Your responsibilities will be varied, but will include:
- Planning and delivery of activities to grow communities across multiple games and brands
- Building relationships with players that help push our games authentically and make our communities stronger
- Scheduling, activating and messaging in game activities
- Scheduling, activating and managing social media channels including (but not limited to) Discord, X (Twitter), Meta, Tiktok, Twitch, store pages
- Writing copy and image/video asset briefs to deliver messaging
- Positively engage with players and creators across all channels and stores in a timely fashion as a representative of Jetpack Collective and our games
- Responding to player and creator issues systematically as part of the triage process and under SLA terms acting as first line support
- Going through captured gameplay footage from testing and content creators to timestamp key moments to use in marketing materials
- Contributing to broader community and marketing strategy for our games
- Reporting on community activity and KPIs
- Communicating with our developer partners
- General community management/social media/marketing activities
- Reporting to the Marketing Manager and working closely within the publishing team and with the broader team
- Have an understanding of current social communication platforms such as Discord, X (Twitter), Meta, Tiktok
- Have knowledge and understanding of Twitch and other streaming platforms
- Be happy to take part in streaming activities and community events online or IRL
- Be a fast learner and not afraid to ask for help
- Be happy to turn your hand to any task
- Have good attention to detail, be very organised and have good communication skills, both written and oral
- Be very proactive, good at problem-solving and decision making
- Have knowledge and passion about games, in particular community-driven games
It would be great if you also have some of the following:
- Have experience in moderating communications on platforms such as Discord or Meta
- Experience in a community or marketing role within a game developer or publisher, or for a game brand
- Have experience working with content creators
- Have experience streaming games
- Experience in going to consumer or industry games events and forming connections at them
- Experience in writing and presenting reports
- Skills in asset creation (e.g. knowledge of Adobe Photoshop)
- Skills in web design (e.g. HTML/CSS, Wordpress)
- An opportunity to start or grow your career in games
- Support with your personal career development
- Ability to work from home
- Very flexible hours
- Opportunity to be part of a growing team
- Salary: £22-25k pro rata per annum depending on experience
- Start date: ASAP
- Hours: Full time OR part time (FT = 37 hours per week). Some out of standard office hours will be involved, e.g. responding to urgent community issues over weekends.
- Location: Work from home
- Please note that you must be UK resident