Software Engineer (full-time, remote across Australia)
- Perth, Western Australia, Australia
- Employees can work remotely
Functionly is the org chart creator for modern leaders. But that’s just the beginning, we’re on a mission to make org design easier and more intelligent. We’re looking for a passionate, humble and self-motivated software engineer to join our tight knit remote team and build the future of work design. If you thrive on making a product that delivers delightful customer experiences this is the gig is for you!
In this role you will help us lay the foundations for a strong technical future and be empowered to take rough sketches and requirements and transform them into great experiences for customers. You’ll stay close to customer feedback and contribute ideas for product iteration, and ship often.
You’ll also have the opportunity to coach and mentor junior engineers on the team. Outside of that, the role is what you make of it. If you’re energised by building beautiful components, go for it. More interested in laying down great API? Go all out.
- Build features to be rapidly deployed and tested with users then iterated upon
- For some features, accurately implementing detailed designs, for others, taking a rough sketch and making it beautiful and a great experience
- Build reusable components and styles to help us build designs faster
- Build out a flexible backend and add to our data model
- Mentor other engineers and contribute to fortnightly engineering guild meetings
You will have extensive knowledge of and experience with Node.js, GraphQL and Typescript. Experience with Svelte is a bonus but not essential.
Behaviourally, you thrive on working in a small, fast-paced development team. You work collaboratively, asynchronously and know how to navigate this environment with ease and impact. You have strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and know how to challenge and advocate respectfully. Functionly is an early stage startup so you’ll have to be ok with flexing and adapting as we grow.
What’s on offer
- Work with new technology like Svelte
- Startup salary with generous equity options
- Complete flexibility on work hours
- VC backed growing, global start-up
We’re a hard-working remote team that likes to have fun. When pandemics don't interrupt us we have a yearly on-site where we plan strategy together, play games and enjoy what the local area has to offer. If you’ve got a side gig or an idea that you’re not quite ready to work on, you can learn as you earn with us.