Senior Front-End Engineer (full-time, remote across Australia)
- Perth, Perth, Western Australia, Australia
- Employees can work remotely
Functionly is the org chart creator for modern leaders. But that’s just the beginning, we’re on a mission to make org design easier and more intelligent. We’re looking for a passionate, humble and self-motivated front end engineer to join our tight knit remote team and build the future of work design.
As a senior member of the engineering team, you will work collaboratively with Functionly researchers, designers and product developers to bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation.
You will effectively build the foundation of the core codebase and develop new product streams so a passion for building, understanding and creating innovative products is a must. It’s not all big picture thinking however, the ideal candidate will care for the small details; tweaking UI until it’s just right and making it look beautiful.
- Build features to be rapidly deployed and tested with users then iterated upon
- For some features, accurately implementing detailed designs, for others, taking a rough sketch and making it beautiful and a great experience
- Build reusable components and styles to help us build designs faster
- Mentor other engineers and contribute to fortnightly engineering guild meetings
- Form and continually define medium-term frontend architecture strategy
You will have extensive knowledge of and experience with Node.js, GraphQL and Typescript. Experience with Svelte is a bonus but not essential.
Behaviourally, you thrive on working in a small, fast-paced development team. You work collaboratively, asynchronously and know how to navigate this environment with ease and impact. You have strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and know how to challenge and advocate respectfully. Functionly is an early stage startup so you’ll have to be ok with flexing and adapting as we grow.
What’s on offer
- Work with new technology like Svelte
- Startup salary with generous equity options
- Complete flexibility on work hours
- VC backed growing, global start-up
We’re a hard-working remote team that likes to have fun. When pandemics don't interrupt us we have a yearly on-site where we plan strategy together, play games and enjoy what the local area has to offer. If you’ve got a side gig or an idea that you’re not quite ready to work on, you can learn as you earn with us.