Software Engineer, Image Processing
- Downtown, Austin, Texas, United States
As part of the image processing team, you will work on cutting-edge technology in the areas of image processing and machine learning for Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS). You will work closely with your team lead and technical delivery managers to complete key projects. Responsibilities include the development and testing of image processing, feature extraction and classification algorithms for vehicle identifications in electronic tolling systems. You will participate in all phases of the entire SDLC from requirements interpretation, design, documentation, coding, review, testing, release, and maintenance of the software for electronic tolling systems. The systems are hard-real-time, highly available, responsible for millions of micro-transactions per day, and represent the most accurate tolling system in the world.
· Design and development of image processing and machine learning algorithms for vehicle identification and matching for the tolling applications.
· Software implementation is primarily C/C++ based and done on a Linux environment.
· Research, identify and apply appropriate algorithms for performance enhancement.
· Develop and maintain framework for training the various machine learning models
· Correspond with the client organizations to understand the various performance metrics, tune the software to the required metrics and deliver.
· Perform code reviews with peers, maintain code quality and track software development using the Git version control system.
· Document and track work progress using Atlassian tools (JIRA, Confluence, etc)
What’s in it for you?
· Solving complex problems that improve daily the lives of people around the world
· Opportunity to work with cutting edge technologies in a high-growth industry
· Career growth and stability
· Casual work environment with flexible work hours
· Full benefits package including paid time off, 401(k) and a no-cost medical insurance option for employee and eligible dependents
What we are looking for:
· Undergraduate or MS degree in computer science or related field
· Experience in imaging processing
· Signal processing expertise is highly beneficial
· Experience with machine learning (e.g. SVM, CNN)
· Proficiency in C/C++, Python and Shell Scripting language
· Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
· Superior English writing and communication skills
· Desire to learn new skills and improve existing ones
· Understanding of enterprise software design principles – architecture, design patterns, OOP
Our top Candidates will have:
· Experience with deep learning frameworks, such as Caffe, TensorFlow, and MXNet.
· Experience with OpenCV
· Familiarity with Linux
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.