Senior Network Architect/Engineer
- 2603 Augusta Dr, Houston, TX 77057, USA
Enjoy what you do. Work with the best.
The Fulcrum team of technologists are recognized experts in the fields of I.T., Infrastructure Technology, Security, Service Management, and Support.
Fulcrum was born with an emphatic desire to change I.T. consulting and services by providing reliable, vendor-agnostic solutions, and implementing those solutions with excellent documentation. We deliver I.T. services with an obligation of exceeding our clients’ expectations at competitive cost.
As a part of the Fulcrum team, you have the opportunity to do challenging work with some of Houston’s most respected I.T. consultants and be recognized and rewarded for that work by Fulcrum’s leadership team. We have created a culture of openness and cooperation that allows team members to collaborate and expand their skill set while delivering high quality solutions to our clients. If you are driven to succeed and looking to explore your passion for technology, join the Fulcrum team.
Senior technical infrastructure architects are often burdened with working for companies who do not adequately understand the value of good technical personnel. Information Technology is often outside the core business of their corporation, and these personnel are faced with shrinking budgets, limited projects, and outdated equipment. Architects are often forced into management promotion tracks which cause them to lose their technical skills. Fulcrum IT consulting resolves these issues by allowing you to become part our company's core business. As a consultant, the projects you work on will already be funded and budgeted. When the project is complete, you will move on to the next challenge.
If you are a Senior Network Architect or Engineer and are highly-skilled, self-motivated, and possess excellent written and oral communication skills, Fulcrum may have the right opportunity for you. Fulcrum is seeking motivated, Senior Networking Architects and Engineers for placement into the exciting field of I.T. consulting. If selected, the candidate will join an elite team of Infrastructure Architects with a vast well of experience in all areas of networking and infrastructure.
Typical consulting engagements can last a few days or a few years, but regardless, they will involve cutting edge software and hardware. Most consulting is done in and around the Houston area, but occasional travel will be required. Fulcrum attempts to disperse travel engagements evenly among employees so that any individual's travel burden is less than 25%.
Come be a part of the ever-changing world of I.T. consulting with Fulcrum Technology Solutions.
- Administer network and computing devices/systems that enforce security policies and audit controls in client environments
- Formulate security architecture recommendations and design security services
- Implement technical solutions to contractual requirements supporting SSAE16, FISMA, ISO 27001, NERC/CIP
- Assist in responses to external audits, penetration tests, and vulnerability assessments
- Recommend and coordinate the application of fixes, patches, and disaster recovery procedures in the event of a security breach
- Research emerging technologies in support of security enhancement and development efforts
- Conduct risk assessments, penetration tests, and diagnose internet/extranet security, intrusion attempts, and cyber-crime response
- Perform project leadership tasks on select security projects
- Solid familiarity with application and network security
- Must be able to perform hands-on support for a wide range of security technologies including, but not limited to: SEIM, IDS/IPS, HIDS, malware analysis and protection, content filtering, logical access controls, identity and access management, data loss prevention, content filtering technologies, application firewalls, vulnerability scanners, LDAP, forensics software, and security incident response
- 8 years of technical networking experience, 5 of which were in a senior role
Licenses/Certificates (Any of the following is a plus)
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
Required Skills and Experience:
- Experience in design, implementation, and troubleshooting of complex networks
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and to divide focus among many different projects
- Expert level knowledge of routing and switching technologies including but not limited to:
- Expert level knowledge of Cisco security products including ASA firewalls and IPS (both appliances and modules)
- Functional understanding of virtualization and VMware
Additional Desired Skills:
- Vendor Certifications (CCIE, CCNP Security, etc.)
- Cisco VoIP (CUCM, Unity, Unity CXN, IPCC, Telepresence)
- Citrix NetScaler
- Bandwidth compression/optimization (RiverBed, WAAS)
- Mobility and Wireless
- Network Monitoring and Tools (OpenView, Spectrum, NetScout, Gigamon)
No H1-B sponsorship is available for this position. Local candidates only. No relocation.
- Competitive salary
- Bonus plan
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life and short-term disability insurance
- Company-sponsored 401(k) plan
- Paid vacation, sick days and company holidays
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Job Type: Information Technology, Consultant
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent Experience
- Experience: 8 years
- Manages Others: No
- Relocation: No
- Required Travel: Up to 25%