Information Designer (ID)
- Waltham St, Waltham, MA 02451, USA
APPLICANTS WITHOUT A COVER LETTER WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
Fulcrum Research Group
- Strategic market research firm focused on healthcare
- Experts in qualitative and quantitative research
- Founded in 2010, now grown to a team of 30+
- Based in Waltham, Massachusetts, in the heart of pharma/biopharma innovation
- WBENC-certified Women’s Business Enterprise
- Our clients range from early-stage pharma/biopharma to Fortune 100 pharmaceutical manufacturers
The role: Bring out the story in the data
As an Information Designer, you will apply the theories and practices of information design and data visualization to support market research teams over the course of the research process, from capabilities presentations to delivering findings as actionable, insightful stories.
You will use a variety of information graphics (such as charts, tables, diagrams, text, timelines, maps, icons and photos) and design techniques to effectively communicate quantitative survey data and qualitative interviews, typically in PowerPoint. In a given week, you might review a set of proposal slides for visual consistency for a Managing Partner, create new slides that display the treatment algorithm for a rare disease for a Senior Research Director, or show a new Research Analyst how to change the data series order in a stacked column chart.
You: A creative, artistic thinker who loves data and details
You have a passion for applying visual design principles to tell information-driven stories, for understanding challenges and finding solutions, and for supporting the growth of others.
You are a designer who has worked with numbers.
You’re familiar with visual design and storytelling principles. When you see a slide that looks “off” you have the design toolkit to figure out what is wrong and how to fix it. You can take a list of dull bullet points and transform it into a compelling diagram. You may not be a data scientist, but you know your way around a bar chart. You have high attention to detail.
You can work with anyone.
From brand new researchers to the Managing Partners, you are able to meet people where they are at, help make their project better, and teach them something useful along the way. You are excellent at asking the right questions so that you can understand what your colleagues are trying to accomplish. You are thoughtful and communicative.
You are intellectually curious.
You enjoy learning new things and finding ways to solve problems. Your interest spans wider than your expertise. You are willing to get into the weeds to learn a new software or technique in order to be able tell a more effective story. You have a passion for healthcare.
- At least 3 years of previous work experience in data visualization, information design, or graphic design with additional experience working with data
- Market research experience is a plus
- Pharmaceutical/healthcare experience is also beneficial
- At least a bachelor's degree in a field related to visual design or market research
- Strong in PowerPoint and Excel (Mac skills a plus)
- Proficient in Word
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite
- Other useful experience: User-centered design, web design, animation, layout design, presentation design
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401K matching
- Paid holidays and vacation
- Life insurance
- HSA / FSA
- Parental leave
- Casual office attire
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
All employment decisions at Fulcrum are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications.