RN/LPN - Flexible PM shift - Hiring Now!
- 219 Maple Ave W, Frazee, MN 56544, USA
Welcome to Frazee Care Center! The care and service we provide is guided by five core values: hospitality, stewardship, integrity, respect and humor, resulting in a vibrant care community focused on the dignity, rights and individual capacity of each person.
Residents come to us at challenging times in their lives – following surgery or an extended hospital treatment, or after events have altered their lives at home. We understand the personal impact caused by significant life and health changes and are committed to care that makes our residents feel reassured and fulfilled.
Frazee Care Center is a 74 bed skilled nursing facility, located in Frazee, MN. Since 1971, we have served the changing healthcare needs of aging Minnesotans and others in the Frazee and Vergas area.
This position is responsible for planning and providing direct care to residents as assigned. The nurse will plan, direct and carry out shift routines in assigned nursing unit.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
NURSING UNIT FUNCTIONS:
• Role models positive communication skills with C.N.A’s, interdisciplinary team, customers, residents and families.
• Listen to shift report and keep open lines of communication with supervisor, co-workers and on-coming shift.
• Make rounds to residents to observe their physical and psychosocial status.
• Assign personnel appropriately to meet member needs.
• Ensure that unit personnel and volunteers on your shift are carrying out assignments.
MEMBER CARE FUNCTIONS:
• Treats and ensures that residents are treated with respect and dignity.
• Observes, records, and reports to supervisor any changes in member status.
• Immediately reports any suspected abuse or neglect per facility policy.
• Perform nursing techniques for the comfort and well being of the member.
• Administers prescribed medications and treatments per MD orders.
• Follows all shift routines, policy and procedures regarding monitoring of vital signs, weights, administration of medications and treatments.
• May administer professional services, such as catheterization, tube feedings, suctioning, applying/changing bandages, packs, colostomies and drainage bags. Provide range of motion exercises, care of the dying/expired member etc.
• Makes physician calls to report member change in condition and documents same.
• Keeps families updated on member condition and documents same.
• Comply with acute emergency protocols and tasks involved.
• Follows all DNR/DNI/CPR/Comfort Care protocols.
CHARTING, AND DOCUMENTATION FUNCTIONS:
• Maintains all required documentation in an accurate and timely manner according to policies and procedures of the facility.
• Contribute toward completing and updating member’s care plans, as directed by RN.
• Perform routine charting duties as required and in accordance with established charting and documentation policies and procedures.
• Accurately transcribes physician’s orders as per facility protocol and forwards necessary information to other departments.
• Document and report all incidents, accidents that occur involving residents, visitors, and staff.
• Chart nurses’ notes in an informative and descriptive manner that reflects the care provided as well as the member response.
• Provides ongoing data collection and completion of forms as necessary and as assigned.
• Attend nurses meetings as scheduled.
• Participate in employee performance evaluations, provide input into your shifts staffing requirements, and making recommendations to the Supervisor concerning employee counseling etc.
• Participate in disciplinary action as requested by the immediate supervisor when the performance of personnel warrants such action per facility policy.
• Serve on, participate in and attend various committees and meetings of the facility to enhance interdisciplinary process.
• Performs all other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
•Ability to endure prolonged walking, sitting, standing, use of pulling, bending, and stooping movements.
•Ability to adapt to changes in daily work hour and schedule.
•Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
•Must be in good general health and demonstrate emotional stability.
•Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action and as delegated by the licensed nurse.
•Ability to prioritize duties.
•Ability to understand and follow work assignments.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND EXPERIENCE:
•Current licensure in the State of Minnesota as an RN or LPN.
•Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
•Effective communicator with staff, families and outside agencies.
•Customer service oriented with knowledge of successful customer service techniques.
•Ability to understand members’ charts, doctor’s orders, members’ plan of care, medication orders.
•Must possess the ability to effectively gather clinical data in regards to member status and condition.
Frazee Care Center will use email as a method of communication with applicants. Please check your SPAM or Junk folder for emails from Smart Recruiters and add @smartrecruiters.com to your safe email list.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
The statements contained herein reflect the principal function and most significant dues of the job, but should not be considered to be an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned including work in other areas to cover absences or relief to equalize peak work periods or otherwise balance the workload.