Concession Supervisor - Sofa.com
- 45 Buchanan St, Glasgow G1 3HL, UK
Sofa.com has been delivering comfort up and down the country for over 10 years and continues today to be creators of sumptuous sofas, beautiful beds and more recently, stylish home accessories.
We are looking for a talented, driven and versatile Department Supervisor for our Glasgow House of Frasers Showroom who relishes working collaboratively to deliver exceptional customer service.
You will be an experienced, highly motivated and hardworking individual with excellent communication skills and commercial acumen.
You will be required to manage and evaluate every aspect of your department from customer awareness and service to operational standards, team development and motivation. The role requires adaptability and flexibility.
As the Department Supervisor, you will develop and support the team to achieve a wonderful on-brand shopping experience and to help deliver brand awareness locally. You will be a brand ambassador, always representing sofa.com and Frasers Home at the highest level.
You should be an experienced retailer, ideally within the interiors industry. You should have a strong business acumen and be commercially focused and driven and help your team drive sales in the showroom. Having good organisational and delegation skills will allow you to effectively manage your day and motivate your team.
You will ensure the smooth day to day running of the department by supporting your team in:
- Welcoming every customer so they feel at home and relaxed, whilst encouraging them to spend time in the store and browse our full range
- Embracing the sofa.com Customer Journey and ensure this is provided consistently by all team members across the whole Home area of the store
- Leading the team to deliver inspirational ideas to fulfil the customers needs
- Maintaining our high showroom standards and visual merchandising in store
- Processing customer orders as well as writing daily, weekly and monthly reports to distribute to your team and senior management
- Team building, ensuring effective communication and development of individuals.
- Support in conducting monthly meetings with your team as well as providing feedback to the area manager on staff performance
- Regularly assessing competitor activity within the sector and establishing its impact on your showroom’s performance and trading
You will need:
- Proven successful experience as a Supervisor within retail
- Powerful leadership skills and business orientation
- Strong sales experience and awareness of trends to support the customer in styling their rooms/homes
- Team management skills
- Strong organisational skills, the ability to plan and prioritise workloads and delegate accordingly
- The ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- A desire to work as part of a team to generate fresh and innovative ideas
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Background in home interiors/furniture is required
- Proficiency in MS Office and general IT
This is a wonderful opportunity to join a company and brand that is growing and developing, offering some great opportunities to further your skillset and career.
If you think you fit the bill, then we would love to have you join our team. Please apply with a covering letter explaining why you are the perfect fit and a copy of your CV.