Trainee Commercial Manager
- Weighbridge Rd, Shirebrook, Mansfield NG20 8RU, UK
Frasers Group started as a small store in Maidenhead in 1982 and from there, grew to become a global powerhouse. We are now a collection of the world’s most iconic brands.
We’re reimagining retail and believe the higher the risk, the greater the reward. We’ve never been afraid to push forward and change the way the industry operates, diversifying our portfolio and elevating stores. We’re not sitting back – there’s no room for hesitation.
July 2021 saw the launch of Flannels Beauty into the UK market with a vision to become the most exciting, inviting and inclusive space to shop, try and share beauty across the UK regions. As a team we are upbeat and obsessive in the curation of our beauty portfolio; working with the large global powerhouses through to the upcoming trend brands who are just breaking into the market. However, it doesn’t just stop there… we stay true to our heritage delivering world renowned beauty to our House of Fraser clients through our expansive estate of bricks & mortar doors as well as .com, whilst constantly looking ahead to the future of elevation of Beauty at Frasers Group.
Finding the fearless.
To stay ambitious, we need a new generation of commercial leaders who will embrace our heritage as we look to elevate our future. We’re looking for candidates who see the possible in impossible; those who are open-minded and humble, not afraid to take a risk if it’s the best option for our business. Our people are passionate about the business and their area of expertise.
To work within a fast paced and dynamic beauty commercial team, working across all aspects of the Buying & Merchandising cycle. Helping to deliver the future of House of Fraser through reinvention of Frasers doors, whilst pushing the boundaries of Beauty through Flannels.
You will be working with the best in beauty brands from the likes of Estee Lauder Companies, L’Oreal Group, LVMH to breakthrough beauty must haves such as Natasha Denona, Patrick Ta and Olaplex.
The opportunity to be part of a team where all ideas are welcomed and heard as part of our mission to constantly reinvent ourselves and the way we deliver beauty across the UK market.
- Working across multiple fascias where the group distributes Beauty including Flannels Beauty, Frasers & House of Fraser.
- Building partnerships with over 150 beauty brands including Estee Lauder, L’Oreal, LVMH and many more!
- Attending brand strategy meetings, to note down upcoming brand focuses & new launches. Managing the new launch calendar from end to end to ensure we hit on counter dates and remain competitive.
- Ensuring orders are raised and delivered in a timely manner for replenishment and newness.
- Completing weekly competitive shops to present to the wider Commercial team, brainstorming ideas of how we remain competitive.
- Ensure that our brand product catalogues are as up to date as possible, removing discontinued lines and refreshing data where necessary.
- Analysing the commercial performance of our products and updating the ordering budgets accordingly to be reviewed by Junior and Commercial Managers.
- Regularly reviewing the best performing products and ensuring we are maximizing potential via stock or marketing suggestions.
- Working closely with our distribution team to ensure that stock is available at the right place at the right time.
- Preferably 1-year work experience in the Buying and or Merchandising Industry – preferably Beauty.
- A true passion for Beauty.
- Strong understanding and knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- A highly organised individual who is flexible & adaptable to changing priorities.
- Strong analytical & numerical skills to be able to read sales and stock data.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with both internal and external stakeholders.
An opportunity like this at Frasers Group is for the fearless.
The potential is massive, the experience unrivalled. To be able to make the most of it you need to live and breathe our principles - you will:
● Think without limits and take the team with you
● Own it and back it
● Not hesitate and act with purpose
● Be commercial and customer-focused.