Assistant Garment Technologist
- Oxford St, London, UK
Doubletake are the innovation team for Frasers Group, we work with a number of well-established brands ranging from activewear to high fashion. We are quickly growing as a team therefore now require a Visual Merchandiser to join the small tech team who report into Fraser group head of design.
Doubletake Innovation also take part in collaborations with outside brands (most recently Zara, Ovie Soko, Courtney black) therefore along with the day-to-day tech duties this role will lead new exiting opportunities and chances to elevate your skills!
All brands we work with are multiproduct women’s/men’s including all product types ranging from activewear, wovens (e.g., ww woven dress, mw tailoring), skiwear, outerwear, knitwear, homeware, accessories, even some children's wear!
As an Assistant Garment Technologist, you will combine your passion and technical understanding to assist with the development of new product. Working with the support of the Garment Technologist and in conjunction with the design and buying teams you will help ensure that our products consistently exceed expectations with regard to quality, performance and fit.
- Assisting in the product development process; help manage fit sessions, conduct risk assessments of all products, ensure all fit comments are accurate, approve specifications and standardise blocks.
- Balancing speed and quality; making commercial decisions with confidence; owning the fitting process and inspiring trust and confidence from colleagues and suppliers.
- Help to analysing technical issues accurately and sending clear, concise and accurate comments to suppliers; processing samples in a timely and agile manner line with KPIs.
- Test Approval; approve all test reports and care labels layouts, recommend and approve all wash-care instructions and be commercially aware
- Supplier Management; develop strong links with the supply base, giving regular feedback throughout the garment approval process, completing supplier reviews on final products advising them on adherence to the supplier handbook and compliance with processes
- Quality Control; run and feedback monthly returns reports to technologist and management
- Respond to quality issues,
- liaise with customer services regarding customer feedback
- Contributing to initiatives to reduce customer returns: analysing data & implementing solutions. Promoting quality at all times, whilst maintaining a strong commercial attitude. Delivering continuous improvement and creative solutions.
You will have the ability to think both creatively and logically, able to process information with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail from a range of sources. You’ll be a great communicator, who takes a collaborative approach- focussing on building strong relationships. You will be brilliantly organised and a great multi-tasker who is confident to manage multiple tasks at one time whilst delivering projects to an agreed schedule. If this sounds like you and your motivated and excited to learn more we can’t wait to hear from you.
- A technically-oriented qualification, preferably at degree level.
- Experience in a similar role in a fast-paced environment.
- Multi-product experience; able to move between product areas with assurance.
- Experience of working directly with factories, and thorough understanding of factory production, including work-flow, production control, machinery and equipment.
- Comprehensive understanding of knitwear, fitting and fit issues is essential.
- Pattern-cutting knowledge and practise is very desirable; knowledge of grading and grade rules. Thorough understanding of garment construction, fabric technology & testing.
- First-class communication skills; experience of working with different cultures and the challenges this can bring.
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team, as the role requires.
- Able to meet new challenges with a positive attitude.
- Strong time-management skills; able to prioritise tasks & change direction with agility.
- Confident using Outlook, Excel & Word; keen to expand skill-set as the role demands.
An opportunity like this at Frasers Group is for the fearless.
The potential is massive, the experience unrivalled. To be able to make the most of it you need to live and breathe our principles - you will:
Think without limits and take the team with you
You will see the possible in impossible and will be open-minded and humble, not afraid to take a risk if it’s the best option for the business.
Own it and back it
You will take pride in what you do with confidence, but not overconfidence. It’s important you take ownership of your decisions, stand by your convictions and reason with contradiction.
Not hesitate and act with purpose