PLANT SUPERVISOR (FSO- Days)
- Livingston, CA 95334, USA
Foster Farms has been a family-owned and operated company for four generations. Since our founding days back in 1939, we have always been committed to providing consumers with the highest-quality, best-tasting poultry products available. The hope is that our commitment to excellence, honesty, quality, service, and our people will shine through in everything we do.
We are always looking for talented individuals to join the Foster Farms team. We offer the experience of a large organization, but operate like a family business. More than half of our job openings are filled by internal promotion, and we encourage employees to gain a variety of experiences across different functional groups.
- Train, direct and motivate e employees to achieve department goals and standards on quality, productivity and safety.
- Supervise 20-30 employees
- Responsible for Marinade departments and for meeting department and company goals and standards on quality, productivity, cost and safety
- Responsible for the development and training of employees, working within the guidelines and company polices
- Responsible for quick and timely feedback to the manager on all exceptions with regard to productivity, down time, quality, safety, cost and customer service
- Responsible for monitoring standards and indexes needed to control area of responsibility
- Ensure that safety orientations and safety meetings are helpful as required. Maintain a safe environment.
- Participate in department meetings in the planning process, the testing and development of techniques/processes
- Help maintain and improve quality and food safety, to insure compliance with company quality standards and USDA regulatory requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must possess a B.S. or B.A. degree in Business Management or equivalent work experience (preferably in the agricultural industry)
- Must have demonstrated the ability to communicate verbally and in writing and must have strong interpersonal skills
- Must have balanced technical/mechanical/human resource knowledge
- Must be able to evaluate line employees fairly and objectively
- Must be computer literate in Windows environment
- Must have the ability to interface on daily basis with all support groups or departments
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is helpful
- Bargaining unit employees: the number will vary on department
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Foster Farms is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities, Females, Veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Foster Farms participates in E-Verify during the hire process at all locations for all new employees.