Rendering Technician / Operator
- Livingston, CA 95334, USA
Foster Farms has been a family-owned and operated company for four generations. Since our founding days back in 1939, we have always been committed to providing consumers with the highest-quality, best-tasting poultry products available. The hope is that our commitment to excellence, honesty, quality, service, and our people will shine through in everything we do.
We are always looking for talented individuals to join the Foster Farms team. We offer the experience of a large organization, but operate like a family business. More than half of our job openings are filled by internal promotion, and we encourage employees to gain a variety of experiences across different functional groups.
Control Room Operator: Maintain cook logs for meat and feather cooking during the shift. Monitor the progress of each cook. Responsible for contacting maintenance or electrician when mechanical problems occur. Check all timers on feather and meat cooker.
Pollution Operator: Monitor chlorine solution tanks, cross flow scrubber. Check chemical concentration to make sure it is within standards. Maintain logs. Load bulk trunks as needed.
Meat Operator: Monitor product flow from perc-pans to surge hopper through expellers.
Fat Room Operator: Monitor raw product bins at all time. Monitor fat tank levels, when levels get to ¾ tank full, operator is to filter dirty fat, run filter cake out and repeat this procedure throughout the day as many times as necessary.
Grinding Room Operator: Monitor product flow through grinding room. Check shaker screens and disintegrator screens making sure there are no holes on the screens. Dump barrels, gondolas etc. Monitor levels on outside storage bins. Load raw feathers into feather table when necessary.
Feather Operator: Monitor the flow of raw feather into feather cooker. Clear drops on feather cooker. Monitor pressure inside feather cooker and run moisture checks every hour so that moisture does not exceed 3%.
· Must be able to work in a hot environment (up to 110°F) for 8-10 hours
· Must have a basic mechanical aptitude enabling one to work with and adjust machines, some of which have sharp blades
· Must be able to pass test to demonstrate mechanical, basic math and science skills
· Must have good English-speaking skills
· Must be able to lift up to 50lbs safely
· Must be capable of using small tools
· Must be able to stand for prolonged periods of time (8-10 hours) on a concrete/metal grate floor
· Must be able to walk up and down stairways and ladder quickly and routinely
· Must be able to submit and pass a criminal background check
Must be able to pass BTE level 2
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Foster Farms is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities, Females, Veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Foster Farms participates in E-Verify during the hire process at all locations for all new employees.