Packer - Second Shift
- Demopolis, AL, USA
Foster Farms has been a family-owned and operated company for four generations. Since our founding days back in 1939, we have always been committed to providing consumers with the highest-quality, best-tasting poultry products available. The hope is that our commitment to excellence, honesty, quality, service, and our people will shine through in everything we do.
We are always looking for talented individuals to join the Foster Farms team. We offer the experience of a large organization, but operate like a family business. More than half of our job openings are filled by internal promotion, and we encourage employees to gain a variety of experiences across different functional groups.
ATTENTION! - PLEASE READ BEFORE PROCEEDING!
Visit www.ascendstaffing.com/apply to submit your application now!
This is a temp-to-hire position which includes working in production areas, packing corn dog products, assembling boxes and other duties as assigned, with full benefits upon permanent hire.
- (90 days/500 hours worked)
Interested parties should apply directly with www.AscendStaffing.com
Looking for a job? Ascend Staffing is HIRING! Foster Farms has partnered with Ascend Staffing and we currently have a variety of production positions available.
No experience required!
Ascend Staffing's hiring process is easy!
- Apply online at www.AscendStaffing.com and watch for an email or phone call from the on-site Branch Manager to complete the process in just ONE DAY! Tell a friend!
Foster Farms and Ascend Staffing are committed to keeping a safe and healthy environment for all candidates and employees. All employees, candidates and guests are expected to following the CDC guidelines and safety measures at all times.
Please do not attend your on-site appointment if you are experiencing any COVID-19 related symptoms including fever, fatigue, cough, shortness of breath, congestion/runny nose, new loss of smell or taste, body aches, headaches, nausea/vomiting, diarrhea or sore throat.
What to expect when you visit Ascend Staffing's office?
- A face covering will be required to enter the facility. Please bring a face covering, bandanna or scarf to cover your mouth and nose.
- Upon arriving at Ascend Staffing's facility, all candidates will check-in with reception.
- All individuals will be required to participate in a wellness screening for COVID-19 related symptoms and temperature check.
- After the wellness screening, candidates are directed to a conference room, where they will meet with the on-site Branch Manager.
Candidates may also be required to complete additional paper documentation after the online application is submitted.
Following a successful interview with the Branch Manager, an offer for employment can be made and a drug test will be conducted along with a request for a background check. All offers are contingent on passing a both post offer pre-employment drug screen and background check.
After completing the drug screen candidates should expect to schedule an orientation appointment and FIRST DAY!
You will need to bring a photo identification card and at least one document that verifies work authorization with you when you come to the Ascend Staffing office.
Job Details and Requirements:
Schedule: 3:45 P.M. - 12:30 A.M.*
- *Shift end time may vary each day depending on production, staffing and maintenance for the day
- Available SECOND Shift Packer positions can earn up to* $12.60 per hour
- Base rate of $11.00/hr. + $1.00/hr. 2nd Shift Differential Bonus Pay, + $0.60/hr. Attendance Bonus* = $12.60/hr.*
- (*if applicable requirements are met)
Employment Opportunities subject to change based on availability.
Upon permanent hire, career paths are also available for those interested in positions of greater responsibility in the future!
- Visually inspect and grade product to determine grade for production lines.
- Communicate with Supervision, Lead personnel, and co-workers for assistance regarding assigned task(s), rotation, and production issues.
- Must be able to perform repetitive grasping; work in a cold, damp environment
- Some positions required lifting 15 to 45 pounds on a frequent basis
- Some position may require to be able to push or pull 5 to 45 pounds
- Some positions require repeated bending and stooping
- Must be able to submit and pass a criminal background check and drug test
- Able to stand for prolonged periods of time (8-10 hrs.) on concrete/metal grated floor
- Perform other duties as assigned
- *Please do NOT continue with the Foster Farms job application process.*
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Foster Farms is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities, Females, Veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Foster Farms participates in E-Verify during the hire process at all locations for all new employees.