Truck Shop Mechanic/ Fleet Maintenance - Power - Tech III
- Modesto, CA, USA
Foster Farms has been a family-owned and operated company for four generations. Since our founding days back in 1939, we have always been committed to providing consumers with the highest-quality, best-tasting poultry products available. The hope is that our commitment to excellence, honesty, quality, service, and our people will shine through in everything we do.
We are always looking for talented individuals to join the Foster Farms team. We offer the experience of a large organization, but operate like a family business. More than half of our job openings are filled by internal promotion, and we encourage employees to gain a variety of experiences across different functional groups.
Pay: $22.84 an hour
Shift: M- F Days
- Perform light duty mechanical repairs to various company equipment and vehicles
- Perform air and hydraulic brake system overhauls
- Repair all lighting circuits
- Diagnose and repair vehicle electrical systems to include starting and charging systems
- Diagnose and repair cooling systems and complete basic air conditioning repairs
- Complete all appropriate work orders and inspection sheets
- Perform basic air conditioning repairs
- Perform road service calls
- Don proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Must have demonstrated mechanical experience repairing heavy duty trucks and trailers
- Must have proportionate number of tools to perform repairs
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision
- Must have legible penmanship
- Must complete required certified training
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds
- Must be able to continuously be on feet throughout the shift
- Must be able to crouch and bend while performing mechanical tasks
- Must be able to submit and pass a criminal background check
- Perform all other duties as requested by Supervisor / Foreperson
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Foster Farms is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities, Females, Veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Foster Farms participates in E-Verify during the hire process at all locations for all new employees.