Sanitation - Clean Up
- Kelso, WA, USA
Foster Farms has been a family-owned and operated company for four generations. Since our founding days back in 1939, we have always been committed to providing consumers with the highest-quality, best-tasting poultry products available. The hope is that our commitment to excellence, honesty, quality, service, and our people will shine through in everything we do.
We are always looking for talented individuals to join the Foster Farms team. We offer the experience of a large organization, but operate like a family business. More than half of our job openings are filled by internal promotion, and we encourage employees to gain a variety of experiences across different functional groups.
This is a temp-to-hire position, which includes cleaning assigned production areas, preparing packaging floor for inspections, and other duties as assigned, with full benefits upon permanent hire.
Sanitation positions are available for Graveyard shift (11:00 PM – 7:00 AM), with occasional overtime and weekend work.
Interested applicants may submit their application online and/or call the Job Hotline (360) 575-4955 for more information about current opportunities.
- Sanitation is responsible for cleaning the facility (inside and out) on a nightly basis. As such adherence to company safety and attendance policies is critical.
- Perform assigned tasks and follow instructions from Supervision and/or Lead personnel including Safe application of chemicals and high pressure hot (140 F) water to clean and sanitize processing equipment.
- Sanitize assigned plant area(s) on time and in accordance with Pre-Operations inspection by Quality Control and USDA standards in assigned area(s), so they are ready for release for Production.
- Keep the non-production areas clean and orderly including breakrooms, bathrooms, smoking areas, parking lot, and all other areas that is deemed necessary by Supervision.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Supervision and/or Lead personnel.
- Make suggestions on how we can improve our process.
- Work safely and set an example of safe working habits. Follow all established Safety rules and practices including Lock-Out/Tag-Out procedures, Chemical applications, Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), etc.
- Perform established Sanitation tasks and perform duties in accordance with established Sanitation Departmental standards and USDA standards.
- Ability and willingness to perform repetitive reaching, bending, and scrubbing in order to sanitize assigned area(s).Ability and willingness to lift, push, and pull up to 75 lbs.
- Ability and willingness to climb ladders up to 10 feet using fall protection (harness) if necessary.
- Ability and willingness to use concentrated cleaning solutions to include chlorine bleach.
- Ability to use high water pressure hose.
- Possess Lock-Out/Tag-Out (LO/TO) certification or ability to obtain certification.
- Possess Powered-Industrial Truck (PIT) certification or ability to obtain certification.
- Work the scheduled times and occasional overtime as well maintain good attendance.
- Submit to and pass both a pre-employment drug test and a criminal background check.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Foster Farms is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities, Females, Veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Foster Farms participates in E-Verify during the hire process at all locations for all new employees.