- Turlock, CA, USA
Foster Farms has been a family-owned and operated company for four generations. Since our founding days back in 1939, we have always been committed to providing consumers with the highest-quality, best-tasting poultry products available. The hope is that our commitment to excellence, honesty, quality, service, and our people will shine through in everything we do.
We are always looking for talented individuals to join the Foster Farms team. We offer the experience of a large organization, but operate like a family business. More than half of our job openings are filled by internal promotion, and we encourage employees to gain a variety of experiences across different functional groups.
Directly oversee the daily activities of the Maintenance Technicians in order to ensure optimal operation of production equipment and production lines.
- Direct and supervise shifts maintenance for FTP plant 2. Supervise maintenance department and attain department goals and standards; costs, productivity, quality, and safety.
- Perform frequent on-the-job inspections to ensure: safe working habits, safe work areas, quality of workmanship, effectiveness of maintenance and repairs.
- Prepare work schedules and mechanic duty assignments as required to support the total maintenance program and the requirements of production and USDA personnel.
- Evaluate, prioritize and schedule maintenance repair requests to ensure timely completion of repair actions.
- Develop on-the-job training programs for new personnel, evaluate and document training records, develop training requirements for new equipment and develop skill-level up-grading test.
- Routinely inspect equipment for needed repairs and maintenance and repair requests.
- Responsible for continuous training programs as directed by the Maintenance Department Supervisor, to increase effectiveness of maintenance staff.
- Help maintain and improve quality and food safety, to insure compliance with company quality standards and USDA regulatory requirements.
- Other duties as assigned
- Must have a B.S. degree or equivalent work experience
- Must have five (5) years maintenance experience, of which at least 2 are in a production environment
- Prior supervisory experience is preferred
- Must have computer skills including CMMS and work order system, time keeping and Microsoft Office
- Must have good communication skills & interpersonal skills
- Must be able to work well with little supervision in a fast-paced environment
- Must have strong electrical and mechanical skills
- Must be able to submit and pass a criminal background test
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Foster Farms is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities, Females, Veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Foster Farms participates in E-Verify during the hire process at all locations for all new employees.