Operations Manager - Milling Operations, Multi Plant
- Traver, CA, USA
Foster Farms has been a family-owned and operated company for four generations. Since our founding days back in 1939, we have always been committed to providing consumers with the highest-quality, best-tasting poultry products available. The hope is that our commitment to excellence, honesty, quality, service, and our people will shine through in everything we do.
We are always looking for talented individuals to join the Foster Farms team. We offer the experience of a large organization, but operate like a family business. More than half of our job openings are filled by internal promotion, and we encourage employees to gain a variety of experiences across different functional groups.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Manage the operations of a number of Milling operations, driving operational excellence and continuous improvement as part of the daily life in these operations. Responsible for providing leadership and direction to Operations departments including production, production planning, maintenance, quality and food safety, regulatory control, inventory control, safety, warehousing, distribution, and customer service levels. With Safety as the top priority, this position will assure full utilization of the company's assets and resources in order to achieve strategic goals for production at the lowest cost. Manage and oversee the efforts of multi-plant and multi-site production environments. Supports and adheres to company's Values and ongoing Strategic Initiatives.
- In conjunction with company executives and key managers, the Operations Manager will establish budgets, capital projects, and strategic plans to accomplish corporate objectives for growth and profitability.
- The Operations Manager will establish metrics for key areas of measurement and hold teams accountable to achieve or exceed these goals.
- Implement and drive continuous improvement as a way of life in the operations, including constantly improving metrics in key areas.
- Ensure that each plant P&L meets financial objectives, driving all operations to meet or exceed budgets and strategic plans.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Operational Planning to include:
- Hands-on participant in defining operational objectives and direction for milling operations within area of responsibility
- Develop annual production operating plan/budget. Establishes an effective capital budgeting process to support the company's business and growth objectives.
- Ensure effective Preventive Maintenance schedules are developed and strictly enforced.
- Direct implementation of production and inventory plans permitting optimal utilization of capital resources, human resources and materials.
- Initiate improvements to reduce costs and improve processes and productivity
- Select, develop, and maintain an efficient organization. Lead a succession management plan for the operations organization.
- Through subordinate managers, direct the day to day production activities of the organization.
- Provide clear objectives and direction to subordinates.
- Set an example of professional integrity, credibility, quality performance and management urgency for others to follow.
- Effectively communicate position responsibilities, authority, accountability, and standards of performance to all subordinates.
- Implement and sustain department-wide continuous improvement work environment through follow-up and frequent status reviews with subordinate managers, ensure that all initiatives, projects and processes are on schedule and completed effectively.
- Deliver high performance and reliability of production equipment
- Coordinate operation of multiple production plants and staff to achieve company's Strategic Initiatives and objectives.
- Implement and enforce all company policies including, but not limited to GMP's, Quality Assurance, Safety, DOT, EHS, air board, OSHA, HACCP/ food safety programs and all other regulatory agencies.
- Work in collaboration with and in synergy with Quality Assurance to assure compliance and efficient production runs.
- Appraise, evaluate, and review operating results with the executive team on a regular basis.
- Develop systems to control inventories, labor costs, material costs, and production line efficiencies to assure achievement of lowest cost producer status
- Strictly adhere to all Safety/Quality initiatives and procedures for total support of the production of safe products.
BS/BA is Business Management or related field, MBA preferred
10 years of experience as Plant Manager in a high volume manufacturing operation with previous Multi-Plant experience strongly preferred
Experience in all Phases of Operations, Maintenance and Production
Good interpersonal and communication skills required.
Ability to forecast and respond to variables, including: production fluctuations and sales demand.
Strong financial knowledge with strong budgeting skills, Proven P&L experience, and strong Strategic Planning experience.
Ability to respond and thrive in a frequently changing and fast paced work environment.
Proficient in Microsoft Office. SAP experience helpful
The ability to create and perpetuate high performing teams
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Foster Farms is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities, Females, Veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Foster Farms participates in E-Verify during the hire process at all locations for all new employees.