PLANT SUPERVISOR (FTP1)
- Turlock, CA, USA
Foster Farms has been a family-owned and operated company for four generations. Since our founding days back in 1939, we have always been committed to providing consumers with the highest-quality, best-tasting poultry products available. The hope is that our commitment to excellence, honesty, quality, service, and our people will shine through in everything we do.
We are always looking for talented individuals to join the Foster Farms team. We offer the experience of a large organization, but operate like a family business. More than half of our job openings are filled by internal promotion, and we encourage employees to gain a variety of experiences across different functional groups.
This position’s functions will vary depending on assignment performed. Generally will include, but is not limited to:
- Responsible for his/her respective department and for meeting departmental goals and standards on quality, yield, productivity, cost and safety.
- Directly responsible for the development and training of employees, working within the guidelines of the Union contract and company policies.
- Directly responsible for monitoring standards and indexes needed to control area of responsibility.
- Directly responsible for giving safety orientations and holding safety/general meetings.
- Responsible for quick and timely feedback to supervision on all exceptions in regards to productivity. Downtime, quality, yield, cost and safety.
- Responsible for making sure all preventative maintenance is done on all equipment in area of control and inter-facing with immediate Superintendent on all suggested changes that would make the job better, more profitable and safer.
- Responsible for the testing and developing techniques and processes on equipment as directed by his/her Superintendent
- Help maintain and improve quality and food safety, to insure compliance with company quality standards and USDA regulatory requirements.
- Other duties as assigned
- Must have an AA/BS degree, high school or technical school graduate or a minimum of 3 years experience in the food processing industry
- Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing and must have strong interpersonal skills
- Must have balanced technical/mechanical/human resource knowledge
- Must be able to evaluate line employees fairly and objectively
- Must be computer literate in Windows environment
- Must be able to interface on a daily basis with all support groups or departments
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is helpful
- Must be able to submit and pass a criminal background check
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Foster Farms is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities, Females, Veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Foster Farms participates in E-Verify during the hire process at all locations for all new employees.