- Turlock, CA, USA
Foster Farms has been a family-owned and operated company for four generations. Since our founding days back in 1939, we have always been committed to providing consumers with the highest-quality, best-tasting poultry products available. The hope is that our commitment to excellence, honesty, quality, service, and our people will shine through in everything we do.
We are always looking for talented individuals to join the Foster Farms team. We offer the experience of a large organization, but operate like a family business. More than half of our job openings are filled by internal promotion, and we encourage employees to gain a variety of experiences across different functional groups.
Maintain and operate two stage ammonia systems, boiler systems, air systems, main water systems and their subsidiary equipment in a safe, efficient and competent manner.
Conduct preventive maintenance and re-build equipment as necessary utilizing precision and accuracy
Troubleshoot and repair equipment effectively in a timely manner
Insure all refrigeration equipment is functioning in a safe and optimal manner.Monitor and record all readings to document operations of the equipment and the system. Report any unresolved discrepancies immediately to the Refrigeration Lead or Supervisor.
Train lower classification technicians
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision
- Must have a minimum one (1) year on job experience as an industrial refrigeration engineer apprentice capacity
- Must have current on CPR/First Aid certification
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must be a trained First Responder – Level A suit qualified
- Must be a trained Haz-Mat responder at 40-hour level
- Must be certified in Confined Space training
- Must be trained in lock-out tag-out and safe work practices
- Must have proven knowledge of air compressor systems as certified by In house Journey Level Refrigeration II Technician
- Must have proven knowledge of boiler systems as certified by in house Journey Level Refrigeration II Technician
- Must have proven knowledge of industrial refrigeration systems as certified by RETA at the Certified Assistant Refrigeration Operator (CARO) level
- Must have proven knowledge of refrigeration electrical control system troubleshooting as certified by in house Electrical Technician
- Must have proven knowledge to include theory, operation and troubleshooting of two stage ammonia systems
- Must be able to bend, stoop, walk and stand for prolonged periods of time
- Must be able to climb and work from ladders and in confined spaces safely
- Must be able to lift over 50 pounds
- Must be able to work from high altitudes, cat walks and roofs
- Must be able to work on wet/concrete floors
- Must be able to work overtime, weekends and times dictated by production equipment requirements/needs
- Must be able to submit and pass a criminal background check
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Foster Farms is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities, Females, Veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Foster Farms participates in E-Verify during the hire process at all locations for all new employees.