Emergency Medical Technician
- Fresno, CA, USA
Foster Farms has been a family-owned and operated company for four generations. Since our founding days back in 1939, we have always been committed to providing consumers with the highest-quality, best-tasting poultry products available. The hope is that our commitment to excellence, honesty, quality, service, and our people will shine through in everything we do.
We are always looking for talented individuals to join the Foster Farms team. We offer the experience of a large organization, but operate like a family business. More than half of our job openings are filled by internal promotion, and we encourage employees to gain a variety of experiences across different functional groups.
Purpose of the Position:
The EMT will provide appropriate on-site First Aid treatment for injuries or illnesses, refer emergency cases for off-site medical treatment and manage work status in accordance with all applicable laws, regulations, and Foster Farms clinical protocols under the direction of the Registered Nurse.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responds to emergency and non-emergency calls calmly, efficiently, and promptly.
- Assess the nature and extent of injury or illness to establish and prioritize medical procedures to be followed.
- Communicates with professional medical personnel and treatment facilities to obtain instructions regarding further treatment and/or arrangements for reception of patient to appropriate facility.
- Notifies Security, Safety Manager(s), and Registered Nurse when EMS response is needed.
- Initiate restricted duty, when appropriate, in accordance with Modified Duty Policy and monitor employees on modified duty per physician’s orders.
- Obtain approval from Registered Nurse for physician referral, complete necessary paperwork and send information to Workers’ Compensation Department. Relay updated status reports regarding restrictions, lost time, extension of lost time, return to work, surgery, etc. to Workers’ Compensation Dept.
- Maintain complete and accurate individual employee medical charts regarding all treatment.
- Inventory, order, and restock supplies as needed.
- Perform weekly equipment checks for oxygen tanks, AED, and trauma bags.
- Commits towards protecting the privacy of all patient information.
- Maintain employee health services unit to reflect professionalism, in appearance and operations, to include appropriate dress code.
- A current First Aid and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification.
- A current and valid State of California Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) license.
- A current and valid National Emergency Medical Technician (NREMT) license.
Ability to read/write in English. Bilingual preferred (Spanish/Punjabi).
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Foster Farms is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities, Females, Veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Foster Farms participates in E-Verify during the hire process at all locations for all new employees.