- Porterville, CA
Foster Farms has been a family-owned and operated company for four generations. Since our founding days back in 1939, we have always been committed to providing consumers with the highest-quality, best-tasting poultry products available. The hope is that our commitment to excellence, honesty, quality, service, and our people will shine through in everything we do.
We are always looking for talented individuals to join the Foster Farms team. We offer the experience of a large organization, but operate like a family business. More than half of our job openings are filled by internal promotion, and we encourage employees to gain a variety of experiences across different functional groups.
- Direct and supervise shifts maintenance for Porterville Processing Plant. Prepare work schedules and mechanic duty assignments are required to support the total maintenance program and the requirements of production and USDA personnel. Evaluate, prioritize and schedule maintenance repair requests to ensure timely completion of repair actions. Perform frequent on-the-job inspections to ensure: safe working habits, safe work areas, quality of workmanship, effectiveness of maintenance and repairs. Routinely inspect equipment for needed repairs and maintenance and repair requests. Provide technical assistance to assigned personnel in the performance of their duties in: Proper operation of equipment, proper use of maintenance manuals and schematics, efficiency in troubleshooting, proper maintenance and repair of equipment.
- Monitor and maintain correct required maintenance records and use those records to conduct analysis and generate reports.
- Responsible for continuous training programs as directed by the Maintenance Manager, especially for the newly assigned personnel and to increase the effectiveness of experienced personnel; Develop on-the-job training programs for new personnel, Evaluate and document training records, Develop training requirements for new equipment, Develop skill-level up-grading test.
- Conduct an aggressive continual and on-going safety program to include: Inspection, Instruction, Correction, Prevention and Documentation
- Provide the Maintenance Manager with a written list of material and replacement parts needed; Initiate purchase requisitions, Initiate material request cards for spare stock in Maintenance Inventory control, Recommend needed special tools, Current or potential spare shortages of zero balances,
- Provide supervision on a relief basis for swing shift sanitation employees..
- B.A. /B.S. degree preferred. AA/B.S. degree or technical school graduate or a minimum of 3-5 years experience in the food processing industry.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing and must have strong interpersonal skills, work well under pressure.
- Ability to interface successfully on a daily basis with all production groups.
- Able to evaluate employees fairly and objectively.
- Balanced technical/mechanical/ human resource knowledge.
- Working knowledge of poultry and processing equipment.
- Ability to submit to and pass a criminal background check.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
- Foster Farms is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities, Females, Veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Foster Farms participates in E-Verify during the hire process at all locations for all new employees.
- You may apply for this job at https://www.smartrecruiters.com/FosterFarms/102316206